|Born||Lucy Karima Gutteridge
28 November 1956
Lewisham, London, England, United Kingdom
Gutteridge was born in London, England, the eldest daughter of Bernard Hugh Gutteridge by his marriage to Nabila Farah Karima Halim, the daughter of H.H. Prince Muhammad Said Bey Halim of Egypt and his British second wife, Nabila Malika (née Morwena Bird).
Through her mother, Gutteridge is a great-great-great-granddaughter of Muhammad Ali of Egypt, a Muslim subject of the Ottoman Empire (likely of Albanian ethnicity) who became the father of modern Egypt. As such, she is a distant cousin of Egypt's last king, Fuad II.
She has two siblings:
- Anne-Marie Morwena Gutteridge (1958-)
- Cosima Farah Gutteridge (1962-)
Gutteridge married Andrew Hawkins in London in 1978, a son of the actor Jack Hawkins.
Gutteridge was nominated for a Golden Globe in the "Actress in a Leading Role - Mini-Series Or Television Film" for the 1982 television miniseries Little Gloria... Happy at Last. In the series, she portrayed Gloria Morgan Vanderbilt, the mother of artist and writer Gloria Vanderbilt. She co-starred in the episode 'The Wrong 'Un' in the TV series Tales of the Unexpected.
- The Greek Tycoon (1978)
- Hammer House of Horror: Rude Awakening (1980) (TV series)
- Love in a Cold Climate (1980) (miniseries)
- The Seven Dials Mystery (1982) (TV)
- Little Gloria... Happy at Last (1982) (TV)
- The Life and Adventures of Nicholas Nickleby (1982) (miniseries)
- Top Secret! (1984)
- A Christmas Carol (1984) (TV) - Belle
- Arthur the King (1985) (TV)
- Edge of the Wind (1985) (BBC TV) - Miss Benton
- Hitler's S.S.: Portrait in Evil (1985) (TV)
- The Secret Garden (1987) (TV)
- The Trouble with Spies (1987)
- The Woman He Loved (1988) (TV)
- Till We Meet Again (1989) (miniseries)
- Tusks (1990)
- Grief (1993)