Sylvestre playing for Çaykur Rizespor in 2013
|Full name||Ludovic Sylvestre|
|Date of birth||5 February 1984|
|Place of birth||Le Blanc-Mesnil, France|
|Height||1.81 m (5 ft 11 in) |
|2008||→ Viktoria Plzeň (loan)||14||(3)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 09:41, 27 December 2013 (UTC).
† Appearances (Goals).
In 2005 he was signed by La Liga side Barcelona. Playing for B teams he made just two league appearances for Barça. His debut came on 13 May 2006 as a 64th minute substitute in a 3–2 away defeat to Sevilla. His full debut, seven days later, was also his last appearance for the club, a 3–1 away defeat to Athletic Bilbao.
In 2006 Sylvestre moved to Czech 1.Liga side Sparta Prague. His debut came on 29 July 2006 in a 0–0 home draw with Kladno. His European debut came on 14 September in a 2–0 win away to Scottish Premier League side Hearts in the First round of the 2006–07 UEFA Cup. He went on to make a total on 19 appearances in the 2006–07 season as Sparta won the league.
He started the 2007–08 season with Sparta Prague, making six appearances, before joining Viktoria Plzeň on loan in early 2008. He scored on his debut, a 2–0 home win over 1 FC Brno. He went on to make a total of 14 appearances, scoring one goal for Viktoria Plzeň that season.
Sylvestre made a total of 25 league appearances as well as eight appearances in the UEFA Cup for Sparta.
Later in 2008 Sylvestre joined Mladá Boleslav, signing a four-year contract with the club. He made his debut on 2 August 2008 in a 1–0 defeat away at former club Sparta Prague. His first goal came in the 2–0 home win over 1 FC Brno on 25 August. He made a total of 29 appearances in the 2008–09 season, scoring four goals as Mladá Boleslav finished 6th, just missing out on qualifying for the 2009–10 UEFA Europa League by two points.
The 2009–10 season saw Sylvestre score seven goals in 27 appearances.
On 8 August 2010, Mladá Boleslav stated on their official website that Sylvestre had travelled to England for a medical the following day with newly promoted Premier League side Blackpool and that he was due to sign a two-year contract with them. On the proposed move, Sylvestre said: "'Naturally it is a big call for me, something new. The Czech chapter of my career is over and I would like to thank everyone at Mladá Boleslav. I have been happy playing here and will have good memories. It is difficult to leave Mladá Boleslav as I have a lot of friends there, but this is football life," adding, "I will have a medical and then sign. I am looking forward to playing in England and I am aware Blackpool have just been promoted and there is a big task."
His full debut came on 21 August in the 6–0 defeat to Arsenal at the Emirates stadium in the club's second game of their debut season in the Premier League. Three days later he scored his first goal for the Tangerines in the second round of the 2010–11 League Cup, a 4–3 defeat to MK Dons at Stadium MK.
- As of 23 August 2010
|Club performance||League||National Cup||League Cup||Continental||Total|
|Spain||League||Copa del Rey||Supercopa de España||Europe||Total|
|2005–06||Barcelona B||Segunda División B||20||0||-||20||0|
|Czech Republic||League||Czech Cup||League Cup||Europe||Total|
|2006–07||Sparta Prague||Czech 1.Liga||19||0||-||2||0||21||0|
|2007–08||Viktoria Plzeň (loan)||14||3||-||14||3|
|England||League||FA Cup||League Cup||Europe||Total|
- "Professional retain list & free transfers 2012/13" (PDF). The Football League. 18 May 2013. p. 77. Retrieved 18 July 2013.
- "Premier League Player Profile". Premier League. Retrieved 15 March 2011.
- "INF, formateur de talents" (in French). French Football Federation. Retrieved 21 July 2009.
- "Ludovic Sylvestre 13/05/2006 (Barcelona)". The Guardian. 13 May 2006. Retrieved 9 August 2010.
- "Ludovic Sylvestre 20/05/2006 (Barcelona)". The Guardian. 20 May 2006. Retrieved 9 August 2010.
- "Ludovic Sylvestre 29/07/2006 (AC Sparta Prague)". The Guardian. 29 July 2006. Retrieved 9 August 2010.
- "Ludovic Sylvestre". UEFA. Retrieved 9 August 2010.
- "Ludovic Sylvestre 17/02/2008 (Viktoria Plzen)". The Guardian. 17 February 2008. Retrieved 9 August 2010.
- "Ludovic Sylvestre 02/08/2008". The Guardian. 2 August 2008. Retrieved 9 August 2010.
- "Ludovic Sylvestre 25/08/2008". The Guardian. 25 August 2008. Retrieved 9 August 2010.
- Koros, Jiří (8 August 2010). "Stannerovi se líbil první poločas. Divákům jistě taky" (in Czech). Mladá Boleslav. Retrieved 9 August 2010.
- "Blackpool to snap up French midfielder Ludovic Sylvestre on two-year deal". Daily Mail. 9 August 2010. Retrieved 9 August 2010.
- "Marlon Harewood move to Blackpool hits a snag so Ian Holloway turns to ex-Barcelona academy star Ludovic Sylvestre". Daily Mail. 9 August 2010. Retrieved 9 August 2010.
- "Seasiders seal four deals". ESPNsoccernet. 11 August 2010. Retrieved 11 August 2010.
- "Four New Faces At Bloomfield Road". Blackpool F.C. 11 August 2010. Retrieved 11 August 2010.
- Ornstein, David (21 August 2010). "Arsenal 6–0 Blackpool". BBC Sport. Retrieved 24 August 2010.
- "MK Dons v Blackpool". BBC Sport. 24 August 2010. Retrieved 24 August 2010.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Ludovic Sylvestre.|
- Ludovic Sylvestre career stats at Soccerbase
- Mladá Boleslav profile
- BDFutbol profile
- Guardian Football