He was elected to the Swiss Federal Council on 11 December 1902 and handed over office on 31 December 1917. He was affiliated to the Free Democratic Party.
During his office time he held the following departments:
- Department of Trade, Industry and Agriculture (1903)
- Department of Home Affairs (1904 - 1905)
- Political Department (1906) as President of the Confederation
- Military Department (1907)
- Department of Justice and Police (1908)
- Department of Posts and Railways (1908 - 1911)
- Political Department (1912) as President of the Confederation
- Department of Posts and Railways (1913 - 1917)
He was President of the Confederation twice in 1906 and 1912.
|President of the National Council
|Member of the Swiss Federal Council
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Ludwig Forrer.|
|This article about a Swiss politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|