Lufkin High School
|Lufkin High School|
|309 Medford Dr
Lufkin, Texas, 75901-5217
|School type||Public high school|
|School district||Lufkin Independent School District|
|Assistant principals||Kurt Stephens
|Color(s)||Purple & Gold|
|Athletics conference||UIL Class AAAAA|
|Website||Lufkin High School Website|
Lufkin High School is a public high school located in Angelina County, Texas (USA). It serves the Lufkin area as part of the Lufkin Independent School District and classified as a 5A school by the UIL. The current Lufkin High School was formed in 1970 by consolidation of Lufkin High School and Dunbar High School, the formerly African-American School in Lufkin. In 2011, the school was rated "Academically Acceptable" by the Texas Education Agency.
The Lufkin Panthers compete in these sports 
Cross Country, Volleyball, Football, Basketball, Powerlifting, Swimming, Soccer, Tennis, Golf, Track, Softball & Baseball
Lufkin Dunbar (PVIL)
- Football 
- 1964(PVIL-3A), 1966(PVIL-3A), 1967(PVIL-3A)
(Prior to 1980, Class 4A was the largest UIL classification)
The Lufkin High School Panther Band received the only superior rating of (1,1,1) at all UIL Marching Competitions 2008 through 2014. The band also won the state marching title in 2014 at the NAMMB Military State Marching Contest for the first time in the schools history. The Lufkin High School choir received a 1 at competition for 2008–2009, and every year for the past eight years. The Lufkin High School have been participating in competitions and emsembles. The choir performs concerts and popshows that are thrills to others. The Lufkin High School theater department also advanced to area competition in 2013, and district competition in 2014.
In 2008, Lufkin 11th graders (Class of 2009) performed slightly better than the state average on the TAKS standardized test for all subject areas except social studies. Also, 10th graders did worse than the state average in all subject areas, while 9th graders did moderately better than the state average for math and reading.
- Bruce Alexander – NFL player
- Allen R. Morris – Emmy Award winning producer/writer/director; Class of 1972
- Dez Bryant – Former Oklahoma State University football player; current Dallas Cowboys Wide Receiver
- Rex Hadnot – Former University of Houston Offensive Guard; Current San Diego Chargers Offensive Guard. Played for the Arizona Cardinals (2010-2011), Cleveland Browns (2008-2009) and Miami Dolphins (2004-2007)
- Jorvorskie Lane – Former Texas A&M University football player; former Miami Dolphins Fullback; holds Texas state high school record for career rushing touchdowns (49)
- Jamarkus McFarland – Former University of Oklahoma football player
- Don Mulbach - Former Texas A&M University football player; current Detroit Lions deep snapper
- Pete Runnels - Former infielder for the Houston Colt .45's (1963-1964), Boston Red Sox (1958–1962) and Washington Senators (1951–1957)
- Joe Robb - Former Texas Christian University Offensive Lineman. Played for the Detroit Lions (1968-1971), St. Louis Cardinals (1961-1967) and Philadelphia Eagles (1959-1960)
- Ken Houston - Lufkin Dunbar graduate who played for the Washington Redskins (1973-1980 and Houston Oilers (1967-1972); He was inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame in 1986
- Texas Tribune
- Prairie View Interscholastic League Collection
- "2011 Accountability Rating System". Texas Education Agency.
- The Athletics Department
- UIL Baseball Archives
- UIL Boys Basketball Archives
- Lone Star Football Network
- UIL Football Archives
- "Lufkin High School Test Scores". Retrieved 2009-06-09.