|• Mayor||John Bosco Asea Ozuma|
|Elevation||3,950 ft (1,204 m)|
|Population (2011 Estimate)|
- This article is about the Ugandan town. For the Latvian settlement see Lugaži.
The town is situated in Buikwe District, on the Kampala-Jinja Highway, approximately 50 kilometres (31 mi) by road, east of Kampala, Uganda's capital and largest city.  Its location is approximately 23 kilometres (14 mi), by road, east of Mukono, the nearest large town, also on the highway between Kampala and Jinja. The coordinates of the town are: 00 23 00N, 32 52 27E. The average elevation of the Lugazi is about 1,204 metres (3,950 ft).
Points of interest
The following points of interest lie within the town or close to its boundaries:
- The offices of Lugazi Town Council
- The headquarters of the Roman Catholic Diocese of Lugazi
- Lugazi Central Market
- The headquarters of the Mehta Group in Uganda
- Sugar Corporation of Uganda Limited (SCOUL) - a member of the Mehta Group
- Ugma Engineering Corporation Limited - a member of the Mehta Group
- Cable Corporation Limited - a member of the Mehta Group
- Uganda Hortech Limited - a member of the Mehta Group
- University of Military Science and Technology - A university owned and administered by the Uganda Ministry of Defence
- Mount Saint Mary's College Namagunga - located 5.5 kilometres (3.4 mi), by road, west of downtown Lugazi
- Kawolo Hospital - A 200 bed public hospital, administered by the Uganda Ministry of Health
- Lugazi Golf Course - Located on the grounds of Sugar Corporation of Uganda Limited
- A branch of Barclays Bank
- A branch of Finance Trust Bank
- A branch of Stanbic Bank
- A branch of Pride Microfinance Limited
- A branch of the National Social Security Fund
- The Kampala-Jinja Highway - The highway passes through the center of town in an East to West direction
- ssebirumbi clinic, an out patient private clinic located in kinyoro which is run by a famous practitioner called ben ssebirumbi. It was formewd in late 1989 and was mainly for the low income local community with a small interest.
The 2002 national census estimated the population of Lugazi at 27,979. In 2008, the Uganda Bureau of Statistics (UBOS), estimated the population of the town at 32,700. In 2011, UBOS estimated the population of Lugazi at about 35,500.
In 2012, a Little League baseball team from Lugazi qualified for the 2012 Little League World Series in Williamsport, Pennsylvania. This was the second ever team from Uganda to qualify and the first to make the trip to the USA.
Lugazi is also the home of Uganda Revenue Authority,which is one of the top soccer clubs in Uganda.
- Mehta Group
- University of Military Science and Technology
- Mount Saint Mary's College Namagunga
- Central Region, Uganda
- John Bosco Asea Ozuma is Mayor of Lugazi
- Road Distance Between Kampala and Lugazi with Map
- Distance between Mukono and Lugazi with Map
- 2002 and 2008 Population Estimates of Lugazi Town
- Estimated Populations of Ugandan Cities And Towns In 2011
- Division, Communication. "Lugazi Little League of Uganda Wins Regional Title, to be First African Team in Little League Baseball World Series". Little League Online. Retrieved 8/2/2012.