Luge at the 2014 Winter Olympics
at the XXII Olympic Winter Games
|Venue||Sliding Center Sanki, Krasnaya Polyana, Russia|
|Dates||8–13 February 2014|
|Competitors||110 from 24 nations|
|Luge at the 2014 Winter Olympics
In April 2011 the International Olympic Committee approved the addition of the mixed team relay event (one sled from each of the other three events compete per country), meaning luge will have four events on the program for the first time.
|8 February||18:30||Men's singles runs 1 and 2|
|9 February||18:30||Men's singles runs 3 and 4|
|10 February||18:45||Women's singles runs 1 and 2|
|11 February||18:30||Women's singles runs 3 and 4|
|12 February||18:15||Doubles runs 1 and 2|
|13 February||20:15||Team relay|
|United States (USA)||0||0||1||1|
||Felix Loch (GER)||3:27.526||Albert Demchenko (RUS)||3:28.002||Armin Zöggeler (ITA)||3:28.797|
||Natalie Geisenberger (GER)||3:19.768||Tatjana Hüfner (GER)||3:20.907||Erin Hamlin (USA)||3:21.145|
|| Tobias Wendl
and Tobias Arlt (GER)
|1:38.933|| Andreas Linger
and Wolfgang Linger (AUT)
|1:39.455|| Andris Šics
and Juris Šics (LAT)
|| Germany (GER)
|2:45.649|| Russia (RUS)
|2:46.679|| Latvia (LAT)
A total quota of 110 athletes were allowed to compete at the Games. Countries were assigned quotas using the world rankings of results from 1 November 2012 to 31 December 2013.
110 athletes from 24 nations are scheduled to participate, with number of athletes in parenthesis. Both Kazakhstan and Tonga (also making its Winter Olympics debut) marked their first Olympic appearances in the sport. India's athlete competed as an Independent Olympic Participants, as the Indian Olympic Association was suspended by the International Olympic Committee; the suspension was later lifted, but not before India's athlete had already competed under the Independent Olympic Participant banner.
- "Sliding Center Sanki". SOOC. Retrieved 16 November 2012.
- "Luge Team Relay Added to Olympic Schedule". USA Luge. 6 April 2011. Retrieved 16 November 2012.
- "Luge competition schedule". SOCOG. Retrieved 9 January 2014.
- "Qualification Systems for XXII Olympic Winter Games, Sochi 2014". International Luge Federation. December 2011. Retrieved 16 November 2012.
- "Luge hopeful qualifies as Tonga's first winter Olympian". Yahoo Sports. 23 December 2013. Retrieved 10 January 2014.
- "Shiva Kesavan hopes India's suspension lifted before Sochi Olympics". Canadian Broadcasting Corporation. Associated Press. 18 December 2013. Retrieved 31 January 2014.
- "International Olympic Committee reinstates India at Sochi after ban". CNN. 24 October 2013. Retrieved 11 February 2014.