||This article may be written from a fan's point of view, rather than a neutral point of view. (January 2013)|
May 18, 1987 |
Buenos Aires, Argentina
|Occupation||Actress, model, singer and spokesperson|
|Spouse(s)||Michael Bublé (2011-present)|
|Relatives||Darío Lopilato (brother)|
|Genres||Pop, pop rock|
|Associated acts||Erreway, Felipe Colombo, Camila Bordonaba, Benjamín Rojas, Cris Morena|
Luisana Lopilato (Spanish pronunciation: [lwiˈsana lopiˈlato]; born May 18, 1987) is an Argentine actress, model and singer. She has appeared in the television series Chiquititas, Rebelde Way, Alma Pirata, Casados con Hijos and Atracción x4. She is a former member of the Argentine band Erreway and has had a successful modeling career.
- 1 Early life
- 2 Television career
- 3 Singing career
- 4 Model career
- 5 Personal life
- 6 Filmography
- 7 Awards and nominations
- 8 Discography
- 9 References
- 10 External links
Luisana was born in Buenos Aires, in the Parque Chas neighborhood. She was raised in Buenos Aires with her brother Dario and sister Daniela by her parents.
Lopilato made her debut in television series Mi familia es un dibujo in 1995, and continued working as a child model. In 1999, she was chosen to play Luisana Maza in Chiquititas, a popular television series created by Cris Morena.
Lopilato signed contract with the Cris Morena Group, and released four Chiquititas soundtrack albums — Chiqutitias Vol. 5 (1999), Chiqutitias Vol. 6 (2000), Chiquititas Vol. 6 (2001) and Chiquititas: Rincón de Luz (2001). She reprised her role of Luisana Maza in Chiquititas, la historia, a mini–series broadcast in 2001, and Chiquititas: Rincón de Luz, a 2001 Chiquititas spin–off film. In 2000, she also appeared in film Un Amor en Moises Ville.
Rebelde Way and Erreway (2002-2003)
In 2002, Lopilato landed the role of Mía Colucci in 2002—03 television series Rebelde Way, created by Cris Morena. She starred along with Benjamín Rojas, Felipe Colombo and Camila Bordonaba, with whom she formed a pop rock band, Erreway. Erreway released three studio albums — Señales (2002), Tiempo (2003) and Memoria (2004) — which sold over 5 million copies worldwide. Señales and Tiempo earned Platinum certification in Argentina (Señales even earned double Platinum), while Memoria earned Gold. Their 2004 film Erreway: 4 Caminos was also a box–office success. In 2007 Lopilato announced she had left Erreway and that Rojas, Colombo and Bordonaba would have a tour in Spain as a trio. It was also confirmed that Lopilato would record a solo album, and that she had signed with Universal Music Group.
Domestic stardom (2006–2009)
Lopilato gained great popularity in Latin America, Spain, Greece and Israel after Rebelde Way. She received several subsequent acting offers and ended up signing with Pol-Ka Productions, with which she did two telenovelas, Los Secretos de Papá and Los Pensionados. In 2005 Lopilato appeared in Casados con Hijos, an Argentine version of Married... With Children. She portrayed Paola Argento, a character originally portrayed by Christina Applegate. She was nominated for a Martín Fierro Award for Best Supporting Actress. She once again worked with Cris Morena on Alma Pirata, starring alongside Benjamín Rojas, Mariano Martínez and Nicolas Vázquez.
In 2007, Lopilato was host of Los Premios MTV Latinoamérica, Latin MTV Awards, with former Miss Colombia Valerie Domínguez. She was also nominated for an ACE Award for Best Supporting Actress for her role in the theatre play Arlequín, and appeared in the Martín Fierro Award-nominated television comedy El Capo. Gente magazine named Lopilato "The Face of the Year". Lopilato starred alongside Rodrigo González and Sabrina Garciarena in the 2008 telenovela Encandilados, made especially for cell-phones, and also starred in the theatre play La Cenicienta with Rodrigo Guirao Díaz. From 2008 to 2009, she starred alongside Gabriel Goity, Rodrigo Guirao Díaz, former Erreway fellow Camila Bordonaba, Elías Viñoles and her brother Darío in the series Atracción x4. Lopilato has also sung backing vocals for her sister Marcia on a number of unreleased tracks.
International exposure (2010–2011)
In 2010 Lopilato successfully completed a series on Channel 13 Alguien que me quiera in which she played Bianca Rivera, a sweet and sensitive young woman who struggled and suffered much for love. The series, which has since reached the end of its season, was broadcast on Channel 13 at 19:00 in Argentina.
In 2011, Lopilato made her debut on the international market with her first film outside of Argentina. It was a Spanish thriller film "Predeterminados", directed by Jordi Arencón, in which she plays Vera. It was a very dramatic role and a new challenge in her career in film, far more demanding than her previous roles as an actress. Lopilato also plans to soon begin a new play called Canillita with Alicia Zanca again.
In late 2010, Lopilato announced that she planned to marry Canadian singer Michael Bublé in April 2011. Having completed the recordings of Alguien Que Me Quiera, Lopilato accompanied Bublé on his Crazy in Love tour.
2012—2014: Lobo, Una buona stagione, En Terapia and rerturn to film
Lopilato joined the cast of El Trece series Lobo. There she played a villain for the first time in her career, opposite of the character of Ana Linares (Vanesa González). Both are faced by the love of Lucas Pujol Diaz (Gonzalo Heredia)
In 2012 she portrayed Silvia, one of the lead roles in the Italian miniseries Una buona stagione (A good season) transmitted by RAI. It premiered during 2014.
In 2013 she played a young victim of cancer in the second season of the Argentine remake of In Treatment, En Terapia, starring Diego Peretti and broadcast by TV Publica. She was nominated for Martin Fierro Awards and Tato as Supporting Actress in drama.
In November that year, Luisana starred in Las Insoladas, a film directed by Gustavo Taretto (known for the awarded Medianeras) scheduled to be premiered in 2014.
Lopilato began her career as a singer in the series that launched her to fame, Chiquititas. In the year 2000, Lopilato participated in the album with several other talented people. The final part of the series premiered in 2001, marking the last part of the Argentine series.
After Chiquititas, Cris Morena (creator of the series), rehired Lopilato for a new series called Rebelde Way, also acting actors strip should know how to sing, of which there would be a pop group called Erreway and that at that time did not expect anyone for anything that would be next to the series the phenomenon that catapulted Lopilato to worldwide fame, like his companions.
Benjamín Rojas, Luisana Lopilato, Felipe Colombo and Camila Bordonaba were the actors chosen for the series and the group. They released three studio albums: Señales (2002), Tiempo (2003) and Memoria (2004). Two years later, as the group dissolved the series was sold to Spain and due to the success of his music... would come fourth and fifth album, this time a compilation entitled, El Disco de Rebelde Way (2006) and Erreway en Concierto (2006), cd + DVD, a show held in 2004 in Israel.
In the years 2008-2009, Lopilato participated in the series Atracción x4, with her brother Darío Lopilato. The series genrated another band which released two albums that, while were not as successful as expected, managed to get gold certification in Argentina.
Although as Lopilato says it is a future project, she has made it clear on several occasions that in a few years she may release a solo pop album with songs written by herself and with her sister, Daniela Lopilato. Among the rumors about the CD, there is talk that one of the album's producers would be someone who had previously worked with the very Hilary Duff and that the label is Warner Bros. Records.
|Beauty pageant titleholder|
|Height||5' 7" (1.70 cm)|
|Hair color||Dyed Blond, natural, tawny|
|Dress size||4 (US) 34 (EU)|
Lopilato has been the face of the brand underwear Promesse, from summer 2006 to winter 2010. She was also an image of the prestigious clothes 47 Street whose project made in 2009 for professional reasons. In 2014 she finished her work as the face of Ultimo. She has also done several commercials in her country, Argentina and Israel.
Throughout her modelling career she has worked for brands such as 47 Street, Sugus Combinados, John Foos, Promesse, Bubbaloo, Pent Ten, Coca Cola, Rebelde Way underwears, Ahora o Nunca, Kukuloco, Axe, Motor Oil Underwears for Juniors, Muy Keff, McDonald's, Gottex and Gillette.
She became engaged to Canadian singer Michael Bublé in 2009, with whom she appeared in his music video for "Haven't Met You Yet". She married Bublé on March 31, 2011 in her native Argentina, with a full ceremony in April.
In late January 2013, the couple announced they were expecting their first child, and in March, it was confirmed that they would be having a son. They welcomed a baby boy, Noah Bublé, on August 27, 2013 in Vancouver.
Awards and nominations
- 2005: Martín Fierro Award for Best Comedy (Casados con Hijos) — Winner
- 2006: Clarín Awards for Best Daily Fiction Comedy (Casados con Hijos) — Nominated
- 2006: Martín Fierro Award for Best Supporting Actress in Comedy (for Casados con Hijos) — Nominated
- 2006: Martín Fierro Award for Best Youth Comedy (Alma Pirata) — Winner
- 2007: Martín Fierro Award for Best Sitcom (El Capo) — Nominated
- 2007: ACE Award for Best Supporting Actress (for Arlequín) — Nominated
- 2009: Cilsa Awards (for Protection against animals) — Winner
- 2009: FHM Magazine Spain (for 86th on the The 100 Sexiest Women in the World)
- 2010: FHM Magazine Spain (for 17th on the The 100 Sexiest Women in the World)
- 2011: FHM Magazine Spain (for 11th on the The 100 Sexiest Women in the World)
- 2012: DT Magazine Spain (for 15th on the The 50 Sexiest Women in the World)
- 2012: FHM Magazine Spain (for 06th on the The 100 Sexiest Women in the World)
- 2013: FHM Magazine Spain (for 25th on the The 100 Sexiest Women in the World)
- 2013: Tato Award for Lead Actress in Drama (for En terapia) — Nominated
- 2013: Martín Fierro Award for Best Supporting Actress (for En terapia) — Nominated
- Chiquititas 1998 (1998)
- Chiquititas 1999 (1999)
- Chiquititas 2000 (2000)
- Chiquititas 2001 (2001)
- Rincón de Luz (2001)
- Alma Pirata (2006)
- Atracción x4 (2008)
- Atracción x4 en Dream Beach (2009)
- Señales (2002)
- Erreway en Grand Rex (2002)
- Tiempo (2003)
- Nuestro Tiempo (2003–04)
- Memoria (2004)
- Gira 2004 (2004)
- El Disco de Rebelde Way (2006)
- Erreway en Concierto (2006)
- Erreway presenta su caja recopilatoria (2007)
- Biography of Luisana Lopilato
- "Michael Buble engaged to Argentinian girlfriend Luisana Lorelev Lopilato". Toronto Star. 22 February 2011. Retrieved 22 February 2011.
- Luisana Lopilato: "No me siento una chica sexy" by Gente (24–09–02)
- Discos de Oro y Platino: Erreway, Tiempo by CAPIF (15–04–03)
- Discos de Oro y Platino: Erreway, Señales by CAPIF (29–07–02)
- Erreway in Spain: Tour 2007 by Luisana.net
- Luisana: Recording Album!
- Exclusive: Luisana Lopilato in a recording studio
- Luisana Lopilato: A esta chica, Suar le echó el ojo by Gente (24–11–03)
- Gente chose Lopilato the Celebrity of the Year
- Luisana Lopilato has taken over the celphones soap opera world
- Luisana Lopilato attends La Cenicienta premiere with Rodrigo Guirao Díaz
- The new fiction of Tinelli
- Papá por un Día — Filmando
- Plumíferos: the first Argentine movie in 3D
- 86.Luisana Lopilato: Las 100 más sexys FHM 2009
- 17.Luisana Lopilato: Las 100 más sexys FHM 2010
- 11.Luisana Lopilato: Las 100 más sexys FHM 2011
- People Magazine.
- Michael Bublé engaged to Argentine model by CTV News (10–01–10)
- ¡Flor de confirmación! by Gente (23–06–09)
- People Magazine.
- [dead link]
- Luisana Lopilato at the Internet Movie Database
- Luisana Lopilato on Twitter
- Luisana Lopilato on Facebook
- Luisana Lopilato's channel on YouTube
- Luisana Lopilato on Instagram