March 11, 1983 |
|Height||6 ft 2 in (188 cm)|
|Weight||185 lb (84 kg; 13 st 3 lb)|
|HC Dinamo Minsk
Tampa Bay Lightning
HC Oceláři Třinec
|National team||Czech Republic|
|NHL Draft||24th overall, 2001
Lukáš Krajíček (Czech pronunciation: [ˈlukaːʃ ˈkrajiːtʃɛk], born March 11, 1983) is a Czech professional ice hockey defenceman who plays for HC Dinamo Minsk of the KHL. He previously played in the National Hockey League (NHL) for the Florida Panthers, Vancouver Canucks, Tampa Bay Lightning and Philadelphia Flyers and in the Czech Extraliga for the HC Oceláři Třinec.
Krajíček played major junior in the Ontario Hockey League (OHL) with the Peterborough Petes. He posted 35 points in his draft year and was chosen in the first round, 24th overall, by the Florida Panthers in the 2001 NHL Entry Draft. He remained with the Petes for another two seasons and improved to 53 points in 52 games in 2002–03, his final year of junior.
He split the 2003–04 season between the Panthers and their American Hockey League (AHL) affiliate, the San Antonio Rampage, then played the entirety of 2004–05 with the Rampage due to the NHL lockout. When he returned, he earned a full-time roster spot with the Panthers and posted 16 points in 67 games.
In the off-season, Krajíček was involved in a blockbuster multi-player trade that sent him, Roberto Luongo, and a sixth round draft pick in 2006 to the Vancouver Canucks for Todd Bertuzzi, Alex Auld, and Bryan Allen. He matched his 16-point output of the previous season with the Canucks in 2006–07, but had his second season in Vancouver shortened due to injury.
On May 27, 2011, Lukáš signed with HC Dinamo Minsk of the KHL and quickly became one of the best defenceman there, forming the first pairing with the young player Dmitri Korobov. He is appreciated for his reliable and smart play in the defensive zone. Krajíček was awarded the title of the best defenceman of the first week of the KHL 2011-2012 championship and not so long after that he was honored as a HC Dinamo player of the month for his performance during September as the Dinamo fans were choosing the recipient of the award.
Regular season and playoffs
|2002–03||San Antonio Rampage||AHL||3||0||1||1||0||3||0||0||0||0|
|2003–04||San Antonio Rampage||AHL||54||5||12||17||24||—||—||—||—||—|
|2004–05||San Antonio Rampage||AHL||78||2||22||24||57||—||—||—||—||—|
|2008–09||Tampa Bay Lightning||NHL||71||2||17||19||48||—||—||—||—||—|
|2009–10||Tampa Bay Lightning||NHL||23||0||1||1||21||—||—||—||—||—|
|2010–11||HC Oceláři Třinec||CZE||48||6||14||20||84||18||3||4||7||22|
|Competitor for Czech Republic|
|Junior int'l totals||13||3||5||8||8|
|Senior int'l totals||31||1||4||5||22|
- June 23, 2001 — Drafted by the Florida Panthers in the 1st round, 24th overall.
- June 23, 2006 — Traded to the Vancouver Canucks with Roberto Luongo and a 6th round pick in 2006 for Todd Bertuzzi, Bryan Allen and Alex Auld.
- September 8, 2006 — Signed a one-year deal with the Vancouver Canucks.
- July 2, 2007 — Signed a two-year deal with the Vancouver Canucks as a restricted free agent.
- October 6, 2008 — Traded to the Tampa Bay Lightning along with Juraj Šimek in exchange for Michel Ouellet and Shane O'Brien.
- January 30, 2010 — Signed to an unrestricted free agent contract by the Philadelphia Flyers.
- Vancouver Canucks. "Canucks acquire Shane O'Brien and Michel Ouellet". Vancouver Canucks. Retrieved 2008-10-06.
- "Flyers bring in defenceman Krajicek". The Sports Network. January 31, 2010. Retrieved 31 January 2010.
- "Защитник сборной Чехии Лукаш Крайчек переходит в "Динамо-Минск"(Russian)". Official HC Dinamo site. May 27, 2011. Retrieved May 27, 2011.
- "Players of the week". Official KHL site. September 19, 2011. Retrieved September 19, 2011.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Lukáš Krajíček.|
- Lukáš Krajíček's career statistics at The Internet Hockey Database
- Lukáš Krajíček's biography at Legends of Hockey
- Lukáš Krajíček's player profile at NHL.com
|Florida Panthers first round draft pick