|Born||April 5, 1974
Adult film director
|Height||1.77 m (5 ft 9 1⁄2 in)|
|Weight||79 kg (174 lb)|
Lukas Ridgeston is a Slovak actor in gay erotic movies and model in Bel Ami gay erotic magazines and books. He was born in Bratislava, then part of the former Czechoslovakia, now capital of Slovakia.
His stage name originated with the editors of Freshmen magazine. (It is common practice for magazines to assign names to photos of models, rather than the studios or the models themselves.) The magazine did not want to use a name from an Eastern Bloc country and chose the name "Lucas Ridgeston" as sounding more "Ivy League". BelAmi changed the spelling to "Lukas" and both have been used ever since. Ridgeston received a university degree in architecture in June 1999. One of Ridgeston's other interests is in Mini Coopers. An owner of a Mini, he is a member of an organization of Mini Cooper owners.
Among the characteristics for which he is known are startling blue eyes, which have been described as "wolf-like".
Ridgeston performed nearly exclusively as a top in his films; however, he does bottom in the films Lukas' Story 2: When Boy Meets Boy and Lucky Lukas. (Lukas' Story and Lukas' Story 2 have since been combined and marketed as Lukas' Stories.)
When asked, "Do you identify as gay, straight or bi-sexual?", he replied, "I always say I am sexual".
Awards and recognition
- 1996 Adult Erotic Gay Video Awards (the "Grabbys") "Hot Shots" award with Cole Youngblood
- 1999 Ranked among the top 10 in Unzipped magazine's "Best Erotic Video Performers of the Millennium"
- 2000 GayVN Awards Hall of Fame inductee
- 2002 Unzipped magazine reader's poll named him "Hottest Porn Star of All Time"
- 2006 GayVN Awards "Best Actor in a Foreign Release" for Lukas in Love 3
- Boytropolis (aka A Man's World) (1993)
- Lukas' Story Series of three films (1994–1995)
- Frisky Summer 2: Sebastian (1996)
- Lucky Lukas (1998)
- All About Bel Ami (2001)
- Lukas in Love Series of two films (2005)
- The Private Life of Tim Hamilton (2006)
- Thinking XXX (HBO documentary, 2005)
- Forever Lukas (2013)
Books and print media
- XXX: 30 Porn-Star Photographs—A photograph of Ridgeston was used for the back cover
- Edition Euros 11: Photos of Lukas, photographed and published by the renowned photographer Bruno Gmünder in 1999.
- Unzipped 100—The 100 Greatest Gay Porn Films Ever
- Bel Ami Frisky Memories
- Bel Ami: Intimate Friends
- Bel Ami: Lukas in Love
- Bel Ami: Next Generation
- Edition Euros 11: Bel Ami—Photos of Lukas
- The Films of George Duroy: Adam Gay Erotica
- BelAmi 1997 Calendar
- Together, the BelAmi 1998 Calendar
- Perfect Moments, the BelAmi 2000 Calendar
- Vogue-Homme International magazine, Spring-Summer 2001
- 101 Men Part 9 (2001)
- 101 Men Part 10 (2001)
- 101 Men Part 11 (2002)
- 101 Men Part 12 (2002)
- Personal Trainers: Part 7 (2003)
|GayVN Awards Hall of Fame
for Greek Holiday 1-2
|GayVN Awards for Best Actor—Foreign Release
for Lukas in Love
for The School for Lovers
- "BelAmiModels." BelAmiModels, 2012. Web. 18 Feb. 2012 <http://www.belamimodels.com/>.
- "Lukas Ridgeston." BelAmiModels, 2012. Web. 18 Feb. 2012.
- Gio (November 2006). "Below the Belt with Lukas Ridgeston". Gio Below the Belt. Mark's List. Retrieved 2007-01-15.
- Duroy, George. "Lukas Ridgeston". BelAmi Models. George Duroy. Archived from the original on 2006-10-04. Retrieved 2006-11-05.
- "Lukas Ridgeston". Porn Stars. www.juicygoo.com. 2003-12-03. Retrieved 2006-11-05.
- "Bel Ami's Lukas' Story 2: When Boy Meets Boy". Juicy Goo. Company No. 4 BV Amsterdam, The Netherlands / Firma Nummer 4 BV Amsterdam, Nederland. 2004-02-11. Retrieved 2007-01-15.
- Thrust, Duncan (2002-03-10). "Lukas makes us the lucky ones". Lucky Lukas. NYMMEDIA Inc. Retrieved 2007-01-15.
- Thinking XXX Program Listing at www.hbo.com, retrieved on 2006-11-05
- Greenfield-Sanders, Timothy; Introduction by Vidal, Gore (2004-10-01). XXX: 30 Porn-Star Photographs. Bulfinch. p. 144. ISBN 0-8212-7754-5.
- Amazon.com listing
- Gmünder, Bruno (September 1999). Edition Euros 11: Photos of Lukas. (website in German and English). Bruno Gmünder Verlag Gmbh. p. 60. ISBN 3-86187-111-4.
- Amazon.com listing