Luke Burgess (rugby union)
|Full name||Luke Burgess|
20 August 1983 |
Newcastle, New South Wales, Australia
|Height||179 cm (5 ft 10 in)|
|Weight||89 kg (14 st 0 lb)|
|School(s) attended||St. Joseph's College, Hunters Hill|
St John's College, University of Sydney
|2007||Melbourne Rebels (ARC)||9||(15)|
|* Senior club appearances and points correct as of 4 June 2014.
† Appearances (Points).
He played with the Brumbies from 2003 to 2007, but due to the presence of Wallaby captain George Gregan, he only made two appearances for the team, making his Super 12 debut in 2005. In 2007 he played for the Melbourne Rebels in the now defunct Australian Rugby Championship.
Burgess joined the NSW Waratahs in 2008, and made his first Super 14 appearance off the bench mid-year. Later that year he made his Test debut for the Wallabies against Ireland at the Telstra Dome, Melbourne. A knee injury kept him out of the 2008 Tri Nations Series, but he was selected for the Wallabies end 2008 Spring Tour. He returned to play for the Sydney University rugby club in 2009.
- Burgess seeks to confirm promise
- Robinson, Georgina (23 March 2013). "Burgess joins Rebels on three-year deal". Age. Fairfax. Retrieved 25 March 2013.
- Gould, Russell (22 April 2013). "Luke Burgess is optimistic about Rebels prospects after joining from France". Herald Sun. News. Retrieved 22 April 2013.
- Wallabies Media Unit (15 April 2013). "Luke Burgess returning to Australia" (Press release). ARU. Retrieved 15 April 2013.
- Melbourne Rebels Profile
- "Luke Burgess". brumbies.com.au. Archived from the original on 2007-05-16. Retrieved 2007-08-09.
- "Luke Burgess" on ESPN