Luke Burgess (rugby union)
|Full name||Luke Burgess|
20 August 1983 |
Newcastle, New South Wales, Australia
|Height||1.79 m (5 ft 10 in)|
|Weight||89 kg (14 st 0 lb)|
|School(s) attended||St. Joseph's College, Hunters Hill|
St John's College, University of Sydney
|2007||Melbourne Rebels (ARC)||9||(15)|
|* Senior club appearances and points correct as of 07 June 2013.
† Appearances (Points).
Burgess played in the position of scrum-half with the Brumbies in Super Rugby from 2003 till 2007, but due to the presence of Wallaby captain George Gregan, he only made two appearances for the team debuting in 2005.
Burgess signed with the NSW Waratahs in 2007 and began 2008 on the bench making his first Super 14 appearance mid-year. That same year he made his national Test debut for the Wallabies against Ireland at the Telstra Dome, Melbourne. A knee injury kept him out of the 2008 Tri-Nations but he was selected for the Wallabies end 2008 Spring Tour.
- Burgess seeks to confirm promise
- Robinson, Georgina (23 March 2013). "Burgess joins Rebels on three-year deal". Age. Fairfax. Retrieved 25 March 2013.
- Gould, Russell (22 April 2013). "Luke Burgess is optimistic about Rebels prospects after joining from France". Herald Sun. News. Retrieved 22 April 2013.
- Wallabies Media Unit (15 April 2013). "Luke Burgess returning to Australia" (Press release). ARU. Retrieved 15 April 2013.
- Melbourne Rebels Profile
- "Luke Burgess". brumbies.com.au. Archived from the original on 2007-05-16. Retrieved 2007-08-09.
- "Luke Burgess" on ESPN