|Born||Luke Timothy Grimes
January 21, 1984
Dayton, Ohio, United States
Life and career
Grimes was born to a devoutly religious family in Dayton, Ohio, the youngest of four children of Angie (Barker) and the Rev. Randy Grimes. His father is a Pentecostal pastor, at Open Bible Christian Church. Luke graduated from Dayton Christian High School in 2002. He moved to New York City to study acting at the American Academy of Dramatic Arts. His first film audition was to play Elvis Presley in the 2005 CBS miniseries, but which went to Jonathan Rhys-Meyers.
Grimes has appeared in All the Boys Love Mandy Lane, War Eagle, Arkansas, and Assassination of a High School President, which received a limited release in March 2009. He also appeared in the ABC drama Brothers & Sisters, as Ryan Lafferty, the illegitimate son of William Walker, patriarch of the show's family. Beginning with Season 4, he became a series regular. He beat out Scott Porter and Jason Ritter, among others, for the role.
He starred in the 2010 FX movie pilot, "Outlaw Country", with Haley Bennett and Mary Steenburgen. Grimes played a cowboy named Eli Larkin. The series was not picked up by FX, but the pilot aired on August 23, 2012 as a television movie. In 2012, he appeared in the Liam Neeson thriller Taken 2 as Neeson's daughter's boyfriend.
In 2013, Grimes appeared in a recurring role as James in the sixth season of True Blood. He was later upgraded to series regular for the seventh and final season of the show. However, Grimes left True Blood before it resumed production due to differences in the direction of his character; he did not want to play a gay character. His role was ultimately recast with Nathan Parsons. On October 25, 2013, Grimes was cast as Christian Grey's adopted brother Elliot in the movie Fifty Shades of Grey.
|2006||All the Boys Love Mandy Lane||Jake|
|2007||War Eagle, Arkansas||Enoch|
|2008||Assassination of a High School President||Marlon Piazza|
|2010||Shit Year||Harvey West|
|The Light in the Night||Boy||short film|
|2012||Outlaw Country||Eli Larken||TV movie|
|2015||Fifty Shades of Grey||Elliott Grey||Filming|
|2009-2010||Brothers & Sisters||Ryan Lafferty||35 episodes|
|2013||True Blood||James||6 episodes|
- Ortved, John. "Luke Grimes Rocks L.A.". VMAN. Retrieved January 29, 2013.
- Martin, Michael. "Luke Grimes - Page". Interview. Retrieved October 26, 2013.
- Robinson, Amelia (August 21, 2013). "Dayton pastor proud of his ‘blood sucking’ son". Dayton Daily News. Retrieved October 26, 2013. (subscription required)
- Mitovich, Matt (October 20, 2008). "Ryan Game Over: Brothers & Sisters Casts New Offspring". TV Guide. Retrieved January 12, 2009.
- "Dish of Salt: Luke Grimes Talks Brothers & Sisters," Access Hollywood Online
- Abrams, Natalie (July 6, 2010). "Luke Grimes, Haley Bennett Head for Outlaw Country". TV Guide. Retrieved July 8, 2010.
- Armitage, Hugh (November 9, 2011). "Luke Grimes cast in Liam Neeson's 'Taken 2'". Digital Spy. Retrieved January 29, 2013.
- Ausiello, Michael (March 27, 2013). "True Blood Exclusive: Brothers & Sisters Grad to Play the 'Jim Morrison of Vampires'". TVLine. Retrieved January 2, 2013.
- Goldberg, Lesley (October 25, 2013). "'True Blood' Promotes Adina Porter to Series Regular". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved January 2, 2013.
- Ausiello, Michael (December 30, 2013). "True Blood Exclusive: Luke Grimes Exits Prior to Seventh and Final Season, Role Will Be Recast". TVLine. Retrieved January 4, 2013.
- Fleming, Mike (October 25, 2013). "Another Grey Casting In ‘Fifty Shades’". Deadline.com. PMC. Retrieved October 25, 2013.
|This article about an American actor or actress is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|