Lumenera Corporation is a manufacturer of digital imaging cameras located in Ottawa, Canada. Lumenera is a wholly owned subsidiary of Roper Industries NYSE: ROP . In 2007 the company had approximately 70 employees.
The Lumenera website lists the company's core competencies as "digital bus technologies such as USB 2.0 and Ethernet" and "digital imaging hardware and software built around CMOS and CCD based imagers."
Lumenera products include digital cameras for use in the following applications:
- Scientific (microscopy) cameras.
- Industrial or factory automation cameras.
- IP cameras for video surveillance.
- Astrophotography cameras.
- Custom camera development.
- 2006 Roper Industries acquisition.
- 2006 OCRI (Ottawa Centre for Research and Innovation) technology company of the year.
- 2005 Partnership with ObjectVideo