|Head chef||Dale MacKay|
|Food type||French, Canadian, North American|
|Street address||2551 West Broadway|
|Postal code/ZIP||V6K 2E9|
|Reservations||Not required, but recommended|
Lumière was a restaurant on West Broadway in the Kitsilano neighbourhood of Vancouver, Canada. It was founded by Rob Feenie, who up until 2007 was the executive chef. Feenie, who was a minority owner, left the restaurant after a falling-out with his business partners. After Feenie's departure, Daniel Boulud was brought in as a new co-owner. Wendy Boys has been with the restaurant since 2003 as the head pastry chef. As of February 2011, the executive chef was Dale MacKay, a former protégé of chef Gordon Ramsay and the winner of Top Chef Canada. On February 28, 2011, the ownership announced that Lumiere, along with sister-restaurant db Bistro Moderne, would be closing on March 13, 2011.
- Zagat 2006 - July 2, 2006
- Most Popular Restaurant, Vancouver
- AAA - 2005, 2006
- 5 Diamond Award
- Mobile Travel Guide - 2005, 2004, 2003, 2002, 2001
- 4 Stars
- Traditions et Qualitè - 2004
- Relais & Châteaux - 2000
- Relais Gourmands
- Best Restaurant 2006 - April 27, 2006
- Vancouver Magazine - 2005, 2004, 2003, 2002, 2001, 2000, 1999, 1998, 1997
- Critic's Poll Gold Award for Best French Restaurant
- Iron Chef America - 2005
- Champion of "Battle Crab"
- DiRona - 2004, 2003, 2002, 2001
- Award of Excellence
- Gold Medal Plates - 2004
- Voter’s Favorite- Gold Medal Dish
- Vancouver Magazine - 2003, 2002, 2001, 2000, 1999, 1998, 1997
- Critic’s Poll Gol Award for Restaurant of the Year
- Vancouver Magazine - 2003
- Critic’s Poll - Chef of the Year
- Vancouver Magazine - 2000, 2001
- Critic's Poll Gold Award for Best Vegetarian
- Vancouver Magazine - 2000
- Critic's Poll Gold Award Best use of Regional Ingredients
- Vancouver International Wine Festival - 1999
- Andrew Quady Dessert Competition
- Gourmet Magazine - 1999
- America's Top Table Reader's Poll - Top Food in Vancouver
- Pinnacle Award Canadian Restaurant of the Year
- Media Choice for Best New Restaurant
"The kitchen is unassailable on any level and Feenie is a serious chef whose passion for cooking comes through in every dish."
"Rare is the chef who combines raw talent, commitment to excellence, and heartfelt generosity - the requisites for operating a world class restaurant. Rob Feenie epitomizes that rarity and Vancouver is the richer for it."
"Lumiere is quite possibly the finest restaurant in all of Canada."
- Mia Stainsby (2011-02-28). "‘Alive for your own funeral’: Doors closing at high-end restaurants Lumiere, db Bistro Moderne". Vancouver Sun. Retrieved 2011-03-01.
- "Top Chef Canada is Ready to be Served". Shaw Media. 2011-02-28. Retrieved 2011-03-06.
- "Bittersweet starring role for Vancouver Top Chef". Metro News. 2011-03-01. Retrieved 2011-03-06.
- "Vancouver chef Dale MacKay named Top Chef Canada winner". Vancouver Sun. 2011-07-04. Retrieved 2011-07-05.
|This restaurant-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|