|Beauty pageant titleholder|
June 6, 1987 |
|Height||6 ft 0 in (1.83 m)|
|Weight||120 lb (54 kg; 8.6 st)|
|Title(s)||Miss Universe China 2011|
|Miss Universe China 2011
Miss Universe 2011
Luo Zilin, or commonly known in English as Roseline, (simplified Chinese: 罗紫琳; traditional Chinese: 羅紫琳; pinyin: Luō Zǐlín; born June 6, 1987 in Shanghai, China) is a Chinese fashion model who was crowned Miss Universe China in July 2011. She represented China in the Miss Universe 2011 Pageant in São Paulo, Brazil, and placed as the 4th Runner Up. In the United States she is best known as a former contestant on The Face.
Roseline was born in Shanghai, China. She graduated with a degree in Tourism Management from Ouhua College in Shanghai in 2009. She has a personal blog about her pageant and personal experiences.
She was romantically linked to Russian billionaire Vladimir Doronin in summer 2013, when media published pictures of them together on billionaire's luxury yacht in Ibiza.
Roseline started her career as a professional model in 2003, after being inspired by a biography written about Cindy Crawford. During her career, Roseline has done work for well-known brands such as Chanel, Bvlgari, Cartier, Gucci, Guess, Armani, FerrAgamo, Versace, Bottega Veneta, Louis Vuitton, Marc Jacobs, Chloe, agnès b., UPS and Qingdao Beer. She has also served as the brand spokesperson in Shanghai for the Shangri-La Hotel Jade 36 Bar. Roseline has participated in the 2012 New York Fashion Week New York Spring/Summer Fashion Week, the 2011 Shanghai Fashion Week, the China 2006 Fashion Week, the 2005 Singapore Fashion week and been a red carpet or VIP guest for a variety of brands such as Ferrari, Mercedes, Vertu and Coca-Cola. She earned second place in the 2003 Shanghai International Model Finals while still in high school, was the winner of the 2004 5th CCTV Model Competition for the Hefei Region, and 3rd runner-up overall in China for the 2004 5th CCTV Model Competition National Finals.She also walked for Dior.
Miss Universe China 2011
Roseline, who stands 1.82 m (5 ft 11.5 in), competed in the Miss Universe China 2011 Pageant, held on July 10, 2011 at the MasterCard Center in Beijing, China. In addition to winning the Pageant, she was also chosen as Miss Popularity in on line voting on popular Chinese websites Sina.com, Tudou.com, Qiyi.com, PPTV, Netease and Youku. In August 2011, after the China Pageant, Roseline traveled to New York City for additional training including English training, Samba lessons and cultural immersion. The training was arranged by the National Director for Miss Universe China, Yue-Sai Kan, an entrepreneur, media icon and philanthropist. As the 2011 Miss Universe China, Roseline has received widespread media both in China and abroad, including: China Daily; Oriental Morning Post; CNN the Wall Street Journal and Forbes.
2011 Miss Universe Pageant
She later represented China at Miss Universe 2011 held on September 12, 2011, in São Paulo, Brazil, where she placed in the Top 16, becoming the 1st delegate from China to place in the semifinals since 2002 and eventually finished as 4th Runner-Up. She wore a traditional costume similar to the dress worn in traditional Kun Opera which was created by famous designer Guo Pei. After Miss Universe Zilin. She participated in the reality show The Face on Oxygen of Naomi Campbell. She was Runner-up with Margaux Brooke.
- "上海欧华职业技术学院". Shouhua.net.cn. Retrieved 2012-09-29.
- "罗紫琳roseline的微博 新浪微博-随时随地分享身边的新鲜事儿". Weibo.com. Retrieved 2012-09-29.
- Daily Mail, Continuing their summer of love: Naomi Campbell's billionaire ex Vladimir Doronin laps up his time with new girlfriend Luo Zilin in Ibiza, 10 July 2013
- "AEG Facilities | Arenas | MasterCard Center". Aegworldwide.com. Retrieved 2012-09-29.
- "Emmy-winning television host and producer, successful entrepreneur, fashion icon, bestselling author and humanitarian". Yue-Sai Kan. Retrieved 2012-09-29.
- "Miss Universe 2011 contestants arrive in Sao Paulo|Celebrities". chinadaily.com.cn. Retrieved 2012-09-29.
- Coughlan, John (2011-09-08). "Can China win Miss Universe?". CNNGo.com. Retrieved 2012-09-29.
- Piazza, Jo (2011-09-14). "A Taste of New York Leaves Miss China Wanting More - Metropolis - WSJ". Blogs.wsj.com. Retrieved 2012-09-29.
- "Beauty Is Power". Forbes.com. 2011-09-12. Retrieved 2012-09-29.
- Chung, Skii (2012). "Guo Pei Takes Asian Pride to the Next Level". Popspoken.
|Awards and achievements|
|Miss Universe 4th Runner-Up
|Miss Universe China