|Lupton Baseball Stadium & Williams-Riley Field|
Lupton Stadium Entrance
|Location||3700 Berry St. Fort Worth, TX|
|Broke ground||October 18, 2001|
|Opened||February 2, 2003|
|Owner||Texas Christian University|
|Operator||Texas Christian University|
|Surface||Bermuda TIFF 419|
|Construction cost||$7 Million + $1 Million Expansion|
|Architect||Leo A. Daly Architects|
|Main contractors||Austin Commercial|
|Field size||Left Field - 330ft (100m)
Left-Center Field - 389ft (118m)
Center Field - 400ft (122m)
Right-Center Field - 382ft (116m)
Right Field - 330ft (100m)
|TCU Horned Frogs baseball (NCAA) (2003-Present)|
Charlie and Marie Lupton Baseball Stadium and Williams-Reilly Field is a baseball stadium located on the campus of Texas Christian University (TCU) in Fort Worth, Texas. It has been the home field for the TCU Horned Frogs baseball team since its opening on February 2, 2003, when the Horned Frogs lost 5-2 to the UT Arlington Mavericks in front of a sell out crowd.
The stadium is a two tiered complex with three suites, an office for the current baseball coach, two radio booths, and a press box. In addition, an auxiliary scoreboard was added along the first base line, and the upperdeck seating was expanded in 2010 to its current capacity of 4,500 seats.
The playing surface features the latest technology in field maintenance, including a Bermuda TIFF 419 surface. The dugouts are heated with Major League Baseball-style bat and helmet racks while a spacious home-and-visitor bullpen areas are located outside the field of play. A $2.5 million renovation slated for the winter of 2013–2014 will move the home bullpen to beyond the left-center field fence, install a turf practice field and build an improved batting cage adjacent to the stadium. An additional phase is planned for future years to renovate clubhouses and add fan amenities, such as a party porch in left field.
Lupton Stadium replaces the previous home of the Horned Frogs baseball team, the TCU Diamond, which was utilized from 1962-2002. The TCU Diamond was adjacent to Daniel-Meyer Coliseum, where the Sam Baugh Indoor Practice Facility is now located.
- MWC Baseball Tournament: 2008, 2009
- NCAA Division I Baseball Tournament Regional: 2009, 2010, 2011, 2014
- NCAA Division I Baseball Tournament Super Regional: 2014
- TCU Magazine More than just a dream now
- Stefan Stevenson (September 20, 2013). "TCU commits to major facility upgrade in baseball". Star Telegram (Forth Worth, TX). Retrieved September 21, 2013.
- TCU 2006 Baseball Media Guide, p. 99
- Cutler, Tami (June 11, 2013). "2013 Division I Baseball Attendance - Final Report". Sportswriters.net. NCBWA. Archived from the original on July 20, 2013. Retrieved July 20, 2013.