|Luther Johnson Strange, III|
|Attorney General of Alabama|
January 17, 2011
|Preceded by||Troy King|
March 1, 1953|
Birmingham, Alabama, U.S.
|Residence||Mountain Brook, Alabama|
|Alma mater||Tulane University
Luther Johnson Strange, III (born March 1, 1953), is the 49th Attorney General of the U.S. state of Alabama. Strange was a candidate for public office in both 2006 and 2010. In 2006, Strange ran for Lieutenant Governor of Alabama and defeated George Wallace, Jr. in the Republican primary. Strange then lost the general election to Democrat Jim Folsom, Jr.. In 2010, Strange defeated incumbent Attorney General Troy King in the Republican primary, before going on to win the general election on November 2, 2010, against Democrat James Anderson.
Strange graduated from Shades Valley High School in 1970. He earned his undergraduate degree from Tulane University in New Orleans, Louisiana, and then his Juris Doctorate in 1979 from Tulane University Law School. Strange was admitted to the Alabama State Bar in 1981.
Prior to being elected Attorney General, Strange was the founder of the law firm Strange LLC., based in Birmingham. Prior to founding his firm, he was a partner with Bradley Arant Boult Cummings LLP.
Strange and his family currently reside in Mountain Brook, a suburb of Birmingham. He and his wife, Melissa, have two sons.
- "About Alabama Attorney General Luther Strange". http://www.ago.state.al.us. Office of the Attorney General. Retrieved 13 October 2011.
- "Bentley, Strange to announce their plans" Gadsden Times available at http://www.gadsdentimes.com/article/20090512/NEWS/905129993?Title=Bentley-Strange-to-announce-their-office-plans
- "Strange leads efforts in Lt. Governor's race" Decatur Daily available at http://legacy.decaturdaily.com/decaturdaily/news/060426/leads.shtml
- Washington, Dennis. "Luther Strange declared winner for Attorney General". myfoxal.com. Retrieved 12 October 2011.
- "MEMBER SEARCH". Alabama State Bar Directory. Retrieved 13 October 2011.
- "Boy Scouts reception set to honor Luther Strange and new Eagle Scouts | Community Spirit | Greenville News". Greenville.wsfa.com. 2011-12-05. Retrieved 29 January 2012.
- "To Be Honored Tonight As Distinguished Eagle Scout". Luther Strange. 2011-12-08. Retrieved 29 January 2012.
|Attorney General of Alabama
2011 – present