|Elevation||3,600 ft (1,100 m)|
|Population (2011 Estimate)|
Luweero is located approximately 75 kilometres (47 mi), by road, north of Kampala, Uganda's capital and largest city, on the highway to Masindi. The road is a busy, all-weather tarmac highway. The coordinates of the town are: 00 49 59N, 32 29 58E
Luweero is one of several municipalities in Luweero District. The other municipalities in Luweero District include the following: 1. Bombo 2. Wobulenzi 3. Bamunanika 4. Kalagala 5. Kalule 6. Ndejje and 7. Ziroobwe.
The population of the town of Luweero was estimated at about 23,500 during the 2002 national census. In 2010, the Uganda Bureau of Statistics (UBOS), estimated the population of the town at approximately 28,800. In 2011, UBOS estimated the mid-year population of Luweero at about 29,500.
Points of interest
In Luweero or near the town, there are several points of interest, including the following:
- The headquarters of Luweero District Administration
- The offices of Luweero Town Council
- The headquarters of the Roman Catholic Diocese of Kasana–Luweero
- Luweero Central Market
- A branch of Stanbic Bank (Uganda) Limited
- A branch of Equity Bank (Uganda)
- The Kampala-Masindi Highway - The road passes through the center of town in a North to South direction..
- "Distance Between Kampala And Luweero With Map". Globefeed.com. Retrieved 1 May 2014.
- "Estimated Population of Luweero In 2002, 2010 & 2011". Uganda Bureau of Statistics. Retrieved 1 May 2014.