Luxembourg–Vietnam relations are the bilateral relations between Luxembourg and Vietnam. Both countries established diplomatic relations in 1973. Luxembourg's representation in Vietnam is through its embassy in Beijing, China. Vietnam is represented through its embassy in Brussels, Belgium.
Mutual international support
In December 2008, Vietnam called on Luxembourg to support its ties with European Union. For its part, Vietnam is backing Luxembourg’s candidacy for the post of non-permanent member at the UN Security Council.
Vietnam is one of the ten key countries in Luxembourg’s development cooperation program. The countries have agreed to build a legal framework to facilitate business ties. At a meeting between Vietnamese Prime Minister Nguyễn Tấn Dũng and his Luxembourg counterpart, Jean-Claude Juncker, in September 2006, the two Prime Ministers agreed the need to boost bilateral trade ties based on the combination of Luxembourg's advanced technology and Vietnam's intensive labour force. Nguyễn Tấn Dũng, in October 2007, praised the cooperation by Luxembourg companies in finance and education and expressed the wish to boost bilateral ties with Luxembourg in these areas. In December 2008, according to Vietnam National Assembly Chairman Nguyễn Phú Trọng, there was still much potential for further economic and commercial co-operation.
- "Luxembourg and Vietnam strengthen ties with US$34.7 mln grant", Asia Pulse News, 26 September 2002.
- "Embassy Information", EmabssyInformation.com, retrieved 28 April 2009.
- "List of Vietnamese Embassies and Consulates abroad", 48th International Mathematical Olympiad, retrieved 28 April 2009.
- "Vietnam calls Luxembourg to support its ties with EU", VOV News, 23 December 2008.
- "Grand Duke of Luxembourg to visit Vietnam", VietNamNet Bridge, 10 February 2009.
- "Viet Nam, Luxembourg facilitate investment ties", Vietnam News Agency, 2 July 2007.
- "Vietnamese Days open in Luxembourg with business seminar", VietNamNet Bridge, 17 September 2006.
- "Vietnam wants to boost economic and education ties", New Europe, 20 October 2007.
- "Nation bolsters ties with Luxembourg", Vietnam News Agency, 23 December 2008.
- "Luxembourg pledges additional aid for Vietnam", Vietnamese Ministry of National Defense, 13 October 2007.