Luxembourg at the 2014 Winter Olympics
|Luxembourg at the Olympic Games|
|At the 2014 Winter Olympics in Sochi|
|Competitors||1 in 1 sport|
|Flag bearer||Kari Peters|
|Olympic history (summary)|
According to the final quota allocation released on January 20, 2014, Luxembourg had one athlete in qualification position. Kari Peters was named as the athlete to represent the country after he met the standard of less than 100 FIS Points set by the Luxembourgian Olympic and Sporting Committee. Peters is also the first ever athlete to qualify in cross-country skiing for the country.
Peters was also scheduled to compete in the 15 kilometre classical event, but withdrew due to suffering from a severe cold. Peters confirmed with the withdrawal that his Olympics were over. Thus, with only a single athlete competing in a single event, Luxembourg did not win a medal at these Games.
|Kari Peters||Men's sprint||4:13.08||79||Did not advance|
- Men's Events – 1 quota place
- "Sochi 2014 Opening Ceremony - Flagbearers". http://www.olympic.org/. Sochi 2014 Olympic and Paralympic Organizing Committee. 7 February 2014. Retrieved 7 February 2014.
- "Kari Peters – Luxembourg's Sochi athlete". wort.lu. 29 January 2013. Retrieved 29 January 2013.
- "Summary of Quota allocation as per 20.01.2014". www.fis-ski.com. FIS. 20 January 2014. Retrieved 20 January 2014.
- "Luxembourg cross-country skier headed for Sochi". wort.lu. 18 December 2013. Retrieved 5 January 2014.
- Leyder, Jean (18 January 2014). "Kari Peters avait fait des JO son objectif" [Kari Peters had his Olympic goal]. http://www.lessentiel.lu/ (in French). L'Essential. Retrieved 24 January 2014.
- "Kari Peters drops out of 15km Winter Olympics race". wort.lu. 13 February 2014. Retrieved 13 February 2014.
- "Alpine assigned quota list for Olympic Games 2014". www.fis-ski.com. FIS. 25 January 2014. Retrieved 25 January 2014.