Luxury (Georgia band)
Luxury is a rock band from Toccoa, Georgia that began playing together as The Shroud at Toccoa Falls College in the early 1990s. They changed their name just before signing with Tooth & Nail Records and releasing their debut album, Amazing And Thankyou, which was one of the few non-hardcore releases on the label at the time.
Luxury toured extensively in the months following Amazing And Thankyou's release, until late 1995, when a bad highway collision between touring engagements resulted in most members of the band being hospitalized. Consequently, they took a year-long hiatus, then went back on tour to support their second album, The Latest & The Greatest, though with fewer dates than initially anticipated. After growing more and more unhappy with the continually waning resources and promotion provided them by Tooth & Nail, they opted (in 1997) not to renew their contract with the label, and instead released their third album, self-titled Luxury, in 1999 on Bulletproof Records, a smaller and more artist-friendly label. Soon after, Luxury broke up, and the band members went their separate ways.
Jamey Bozeman started a new band called Canary, which soon became They Sang as They Slew, while Lee Bozeman recorded a solo project, Love & Affection, under the moniker All Things Bright and Beautiful. 2005 found the band regrouping in Toccoa to make a new record, ending a six-year hiatus and resulting in their fourth effort as Luxury, titled Health And Sport, which was released on Northern Records. The new recording featured all the original members of the band: Lee and Jamey Bozeman, Glenn Black, Chris Foley, and Matt Hinton (described by Jamey in a 1999 interview as the band's "fifth leg").
In May 2008, Luxury became involved in a dispute with a Boston-based band using the name "Luxury", resulting in confusion relating to the latter's album sales on Amazon.com. Subsequently, the latter took on the name "The Luxury".
In February 2013, the members of Luxury reunited to begin the process of song writing for a new album. Five songs were roughly worked out over a three-day period. Luxury is currently releasing its recordings as an independent, unsigned act.
Luxury were signed to Tooth & Nail Records, whose origins are in the independent Christian music scene. The members of Luxury all identify as "christian", though they largely eschewed the Christian music scene on principle.
Currently, three of the five members (Foley, Bozeman and Bozeman) are ordained Orthodox priests, serving in the Orthodox Church in America.
- Lee Bozeman - vocals, guitar
- Jamey Bozeman - guitar, background vocals
- Chris Foley - bass
- Glenn Black - drums
- Matt Hinton - guitar, banjo, mandolin
- Tinsel (as the Shroud) (No Label 1992) [cassette only]
- Candy, Darling? (as the Shroud), Darling? (Rage Records 1993) [cassette only]
- Luxury ("Pink Tape") (No Label 1994) [cassette only]
- Amazing And Thankyou (Tooth & Nail Records 1995) [CD/cassette]
- Nude at Last (No Label 1996) [cassette only]
- The Latest & The Greatest (Tooth & Nail Records 1996) [CD/cassette]
- Luxury (Bulletproof Records 1999) [CD/cassette]
- Health And Sport (Northern Records 2005) [CD only]
- Luxury on Myspace
- All Things Bright And Beautiful on Myspace
- They Sang As They Slew on Myspace
- Interview with Lee from 2011 about post-Luxury life
- Northern Records
- interview with Lee Bozeman about Health And Sport and All Things Bright and Beautiful (The Phantom Tollboth)
- All Things Bright And Beautiful official message board (ProBoards)
- Matt Hinton's documentary film about Sacred Harp singing
- 2011 Interview with Jamey
- Luxury on bandcamp