|Population (2011 Estimate)|
|Time zone||EAT (UTC+3)|
Lyantonde is located approximately 75 kilometres (47 mi), by road, west of Masaka, the nearest large city, on the all-weather highway between Masaka and Mbarara. This location lies approximately 220 kilometres (140 mi), by road, southwest of Kampala, the capital of Uganda. The coordinates of the town are:00 24 25S, 31 09 27E (Latitude: -0.4070; Longitude:31.1575).
In 2002, the national population census estimated the population of the town to be 7,500. In 2010, the Uganda Bureau of Statistics (UBOS), estimated the town's population at 8,700. In 2011, UBOS estimated the mid-year population of Lyantonde at 8,900.
Points of interest
The following points of interest lie within the town limits or near the town edges:
- The headquarters of Lyantonde District Administration
- Lyantonde General Hospital - A 100 bed public hospital administered by the Uganda Ministry of Health
- A branch of Crane Bank
- A branch of Equity Bank
- A branch of Stanbic Bank
- The offices of Lyantonde Town Council
- Lyantonde Central Market
- The Masaka-Mbarara Highway - The highway passes through the middle of town in a general east to west direction.
- "Distance Between Masaka And Lyantonde With Map". Globefeed.com. Retrieved 27 May 2014.
- "Map Showing Kampala And Lyantonde With Distance Marker". Globefeed.com. Retrieved 27 May 2014.
- "Location of Lyantonde At Google Maps". Google Maps. Retrieved 27 May 2014.
- UBOS, . "Estimated Population of Lyantonde In 2002, 2010 & 2011". Uganda Bureau of Statistics (UBOS). Retrieved 27 May 2014.