Wevers moved to New Zealand from the Netherlands in 1953.
Wevers is a former Vice-President of the New Zealand Book Council, and currently chairs the Trustees of the National Library. She was a member of the 2001 selection panel for the Arts Foundation of New Zealand Laureate Awards and is a member of the Arts Board of Creative New Zealand.
Wevers is currently the Director of the Stout Research Centre at Victoria University of Wellington and reviews books for ‘Nine to Noon’ on National Radio as well as major newspapers, journals, and magazines.
Wevers currently lives in Wellington.
- 1984 Selected poems/Robin Hyde
- 1987 Happy Endings: Stories by Australian and New Zealand Women, 1850s-1930s
- 1989 Goodbye to Romance: Stories by Australian and New Zealand Women 1930s –1980s
- 1990 Tabasco Sauce and Ice Cream: Stories by New Zealanders
- 2000 Travelling to New Zealand: An Oxford Anthology
- 2002 Country of Writing: Travel Writing About New Zealand 1809-1900
- 2004 On Reading
- 2010 Reading on the Farm: Victorian Fiction and the Colonial World