||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2008)|
Lyle Rains was a senior executive at the arcade game company Atari and is sometimes, with Ed Logg, listed as a co-developer of the video game Asteroids. In fact, Rains called Logg into his office and said "Well, why don’t we have a game where you shoot the rocks and blow them up?". Rains also served as Executive Producer for a large number of Atari coin-op games. An avid gamer, he wrote a popular online FAQ for the Atari coin-op game KLAX.
- Tank (1974)
- Jet Fighter (1975)
- Steeplechase (1975)
- Sprint 2 (1976) - also credited with designing the well-known 'Atari arcade font'.
- Sprint 4 (1977)
- Atari Football (1978)
- Sky Raider (1978) - game designer
- Asteroids (1979)
- Hard Drivin' (1988)
- Race Drivin' (1990)
- Space Lords (1992)
- William Cassidy. "Asteroids". ClassicGaming. IGN. Retrieved January 6, 2014.
- History of Atari's Asteroids
- Article at The Dot Eaters, on Rains and the development of Asteroids
- Lyle Rains at Arcade-History.com
|This biographical article relating to a video game specialist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|