She is also an adjunct associate professor at Borough of Manhattan Community College of the City University of New York, where she has taught since 1974. She has also taught at Parsons, the University of Alberta and the University of Chicago.
Caspe has shown at the Cooper Hewitt Museum, The Derfner Judaica Museum, The Philadelphia Museum of Jewish Art, Gallery of the Borough President of New York, Scott Stringer, Phyllis Harriman Mason Gallery of the Arts Student's League, Westbeth Gallery and the Synagogue for the Arts, among other venues in New York City as well as at the Institute of Contemporary Art, London and the Museum of Contemporary Art, Oslo, Norway.
Caspe is collected by Schering-Plough, John Hightower, former director of the Museum of Modern Art, The Derfner Judaica Museum and the Art Collection, the University of Iowa, Iowa City and the National Gallery of Australia. The Smithsonian Institution Libraries also maintains a folder on her. Lynda Caspe is included in the Lucy Lippard Collection, Institute for Women & Art at Rutgers University, New Jersey
Lynda Caspe majored in English at the University of Chicago, graduating with an AB in 1961. Prior to attending the University of Chicago, she studied at Shimer College, a small Great Books college then closely affiliated with the university, where she attended as an early entrant.
She earned her MFA in painting thereafter at the University of Iowa. from 1964-1965 she studied at Atelier 17 with Stanley William Hayter in Paris, France. Returning to the United States, she then spent two years studying at the New York Studio School.
- Yaddo fellowship 1973 in sculpture ftp://ftp.yaddo.org/Yaddo/visualartists.pdf;
- CAPS, Creative Artist Public Service Grant from the New York State Council on the Arts,in painting 1974;
- Professional Development Grant for the casting of sculpture from the Professional Staff Congress, Union of the City University of New York, 2007, 2009, 2010;
- Memorial Foundation for Jewish Culture for the creation and casting of sculptural reliefs 2011-2012. http://www.mfjc.org/support/Fellowships/fellowship_grants_2011-2012.pdf
- "Testimony of Lynda Caspe, Adjunct Associate Professor Before the Board of Trustees of the City University of New York" (PDF). 2011-11-21. Retrieved 2012-09-25.
- Shimer College. "Great Books Curriculum". Retrieved 2012-09-25.
- Carla Marie Rupp (2008-02-03). "Lynda Caspe: A Profile".