Lyndon Township, Michigan
|Parts of this article (those related to demographics) are outdated. (February 2015)|
|Lyndon Township, Michigan|
Farm on N. Territorial
|• Total||35.1 sq mi (90.9 km2)|
|• Land||32.0 sq mi (82.9 km2)|
|• Water||3.1 sq mi (8.0 km2)|
|Elevation||1,014 ft (309 m)|
|• Density||78/sq mi (30/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1626648|
- Collins Plains was an unincorporated community founded in 1833.
The township is located in the northwest corner of Washtenaw County. According to the United States Census Bureau, the township has a total area of 35.1 square miles (90.9 km2), of which 32.0 square miles (82.9 km2) is land and 3.1 square miles (8.0 km2), or 8.77%, is water.
At the 2000 census, there were 2,728 people, 877 households and 697 families residing in the township. The population density was 85.1 per square mile (32.8/km²). There were 1,055 housing units at an average density of 32.9 per square mile (12.7/km²). The racial makeup of the township was 89.85% White, 6.12% African American, 1.17% Native American, 0.33% Asian, 1.28% from other races, and 1.25% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 2.49% of the population.
There were 877 households of which 35.8% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 70.4% were married couples living together, 5.7% had a female householder with no husband present, and 20.5% were non-families. 17.8% of all households were made up of individuals and 4.2% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.72 and the average family size was 3.07.
23.6% of the population were under the age of 18, 14.2% from 18 to 24, 29.0% from 25 to 44, 26.2% from 45 to 64, and 7.0% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 36 years. For every 100 females there were 131.4 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 141.6 males.
The median household income was $71,595 and the median family income was $77,326. Males had a median income of $48,372 and females $30,054. The per capita income was $26,297. About 0.6% of families and 1.8% of the population were below the poverty line, including 1.3% of those under age 18 and none of those age 65 or over.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Lyndon Township, Michigan
- "Profile of General Population and Housing Characteristics: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (DP-1): Lyndon township, Washtenaw County, Michigan". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Retrieved July 10, 2012.
- Walter Romig, Michigan Place Names, p. 126
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (G001): Lyndon township, Washtenaw County, Michigan". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Retrieved July 10, 2012.