|Australian Public Service Commissioner|
November 2004 – 2009
|Born||Lynelle Jann Briggs|
|Alma mater||University of Sydney|
Lynelle Jann Briggs AO is a former Australian Public Service Commissioner. She was chief executive of Medicare from 2009 until 2011, when Medicare was integrated into the Department of Human Services.
Life and career
In the 1980s, Briggs spent two years working for the New Zealand Treasury.
Between 2001 and 2004, Briggs was a Deputy Secretary in the Department of Transport and Regional Services. In November 2004, she was appointed the Australian Public Service Commissioner. Then, from August 2009 to June 2011, Briggs was the Chief Executive to Medicare Australia. During her time as head of Medicare, Briggs worked alongside Finn Pratt and Carolyn Hogg to integrate Medicare Australia, the Department of Human Services, Centrelink and CRS Australia into one department for better service design and delivery outcomes for Australians.
Briggs was made an Officer of the Order of Australia in January 2013 for distinguished service to public administration, particularly through leadership in the development of public service performance and professionalism.
- News: Australia Day Honours 2013, University of Sydney, 30 January 2013, archived from the original on 7 April 2014
- Our People, The Centre for Strategy and Governance, archived from the original on 24 January 2014
- Advisory Council: Lynelle Briggs, Crawford School of Public Policy, archived from the original on 20 April 2013
- Howard, John (22 October 2004). "Appointments of Secretaries" (Press release). Archived from the original on 19 December 2013.
- Briggs, Lynelle (7 July 2011), Boss in the yellow suit, or Leading Service Delivery Reform, archived from the original on 11 February 2014
- Towell, Noel (28 August 2012). "Briggs to lead probe of building site safety". The Canberra Times (Fairfax Media). Archived from the original on 3 September 2012.
- Macdonald, Emma (26 February 2013). "Govt blitz on worksite safety". The Canberra Times (Fairfax Media). Archived from the original on 28 February 2013.
- "Search Australian Honours: BRIGGS, Lynelle Jann", itsanhonour.gov.au (Australian Government), archived from the original on 24 April 2014
|Australian Public Service Commissioner
2004 – 2009
|This Australian biography article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|