Lynn English High School
|Lynn English High School|
|50 Goodridge Street
Lynn, Massachusetts, 01902
|School type||High School|
|School district||Lynn Public Schools|
|Superintendent||Dr. Catherine Latham|
|Vice principal||Joseph O'Hagan|
|Vice principal||Jennifer Mancaniello|
|Vice principal||John Pavia|
|Color(s)||Maroon and Gray|
English High School
The former home of the English High School on Essex Street
|Architect||Wheeler & Northend; Cornet,George A.|
|Architectural style||Tudor Revival, Romanesque, Other|
|NRHP Reference #||86002508|
|Added to NRHP||September 11, 1986|
Its student population is approximately 1,629 and its faculty consists of 1 principal, 3 vice principals, 8 department heads, 6 guidance counselors, 93 teachers, 1 librarian, and 3 paraprofessionals. Lynn English High School’s Mission Statement is To provide all students with the opportunity to acquire knowledge and skills within a safe and supportive environment and to promote respectful, responsible behavior.
- The Lynn English Junior ROTC program frequently competes and is recognized nationally at numerous drill team competitions.
- In December 2008, Lynn English was named to the U.S. News and World Report listing of the Best High Schools in America.
- In March 2009, Lynn English was voted the best Low Income Academic School in Massachusetts by Businessweek Magazine.
- In mid-2009, the school was recognized as an Intel School of Distinction in Mathematics Excellence, receiving significant grant money to expand technology at the school.
- Stand Up 2011 award for “innovative and impactful programs that address bullying”. 
- Les Burke, Former MLB player (Detroit Tigers)
- Jim Hegan, Former MLB player (Cleveland Indians, Detroit Tigers, Philadelphia Phillies, San Francisco Giants, Chicago Cubs)
- Mike Pazik, Former MLB player (Minnesota Twins)
- Jack Noseworthy, 1982. Actor.
- John J. Donovan, 1959. MIT Professor, Entrepreneur.
- John A. Curry, 1951. Fmr. President of Northeastern University.
- Lyndon LaRouche, 1940. Economist.
- "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service. 2008-04-15.
- "About our School"
- "Lynn English High School Mission Statement"
- Lynn English in the News
- Intel Selects Contest Finalists
- "English honored for anti-bullying efforts"
- Material for this yearbook issue was compiled and researched by Betsy QM Tong (1994-06-12). "CLASS ACTS MOST LIKELY TO . . . Notable graduates of Boston area high schools". Boston Globe (pre-1997 Fulltext).