Lynn Heritage State Park
|Lynn Heritage State Park|
|Metropolitan Park System of Greater Boston|
|Location||590 Washington Street|
|Area||4 acres (2 ha) |
|Management||Massachusetts Department of Conservation and Recreation|
|Website: Lynn Heritage State Park|
Lynn Heritage State Park is a history-themed heritage park in downtown Lynn, Massachusetts. It includes a visitor center with exhibits highlighting the industrial past of the city, featuring traditional shoemaking as a handicraft and its transition to mechanization. There are also exhibits outlining the story of Elihu Thomson, an engineer and inventor instrumental in the founding of General Electric. The park also has guided tours, a self-guided walking tour and the nearby 4.2-acre (1.7 ha) Waterfront Park, located at Lynn Harbor.
The heritage park is part of the Metropolitan Park System of Greater Boston.
- "2012 Acreage Listing". Department of Conservation and Recreation. April 2012. Retrieved January 19, 2014.
- "Lynn Heritage State Park". MassParks. Executive Office of Energy and Environmental Affairs. Retrieved August 6, 2013.
- Protected and recreational open space datalayer, Office of Geographic and Environmental Information (MassGIS), Commonwealth of Massachusetts Executive Office of Environmental Affairs - http://www.mass.gov/mgis/dd-over.htm
- "Walking Map". MassParks: Lynn Heritage State Park. Executive Office of Energy and Environmental Affairs. Retrieved August 6, 2013.
- Lynn Heritage State Park Department of Conservation and Recreation