||This article includes a list of references, but its sources remain unclear because it has insufficient inline citations. (January 2011)|
|Born||April 22, 1959
The Bronx, New York
|Alma mater||Yale University
Columbia Business School
Lynn Tilton (born April 22, 1959) is an American business magnate and investor. She is the chief executive officer and sole principal of Patriarch Partners, LLC and its affiliated entities, a holding company managing 75 companies with more than $8 billion (USD) in revenues. Since 2000, through her affiliated funds, she has had ownership in and restructured more than 240 companies with combined revenues of $100 billion. She is also Chairman and CEO of MD Helicopters, Inc., a manufacturer of commercial and military helicopters, the acting CEO of Dura Automotive Systems, a Tier 1 supplier to automotive and transportation industry OEMs, and CEO of Stila Cosmetics.
Early life and career
Tilton was born in The Bronx. Her father, Jerry Garfinkle, a tough New York City schoolteacher and a strong influence on her. He died of a brain tumor during her junior year in college. She obtained a BA degree in American Studies from Yale University and an MBA degree in Finance from Columbia University.
Tilton began her career at Morgan Stanley in 1981. She also worked for Goldman, Sachs & Co. and Merrill Lynch as an investment banker until 1989. Prior to founding Patriarch Partners, Tilton was an executive at Long Drive Management Trust, a special situations investment fund, and Executive Managing Director of Papillon Partners, Inc., a firm which she founded to offer customized research, valuation and execution services to sellers of bank loans and high yield bonds.
- Patriarch Partners, LLC. "Lynn Tilton: Dedicated to Excellence". PatriarchPartners.com. Retrieved December 18, 2012.
- Patriarch Partners, LLC. "The Firm: About Us". PatriarchPartners.com. Retrieved December 18, 2012.
- MD Helicopters, Inc. "Company: Today". MDHelicopters.com. Retrieved December 18, 2012.
- Dura Automotive Systems. "About: Leadership Team: Lynn Tilton". DuraAuto.com. Retrieved December 18, 2012.
- Jessica Pressler, "What Does It Take for a Female Tycoon to Get Noticed Around Here?", New York Magazine, April 18, 2011
- "News Headlines". Cnbc.com. 2009-06-01. Retrieved 2012-06-19.
- ABC News. "'A Woman's Work Is Never Done'". ABCNews.go.com. Retrieved December 18, 2012.
- CNBC Lynn Tilton appearances on CNBC.
- The Huffington Post Lynn Tilton contributions to and appearances within The Huffington Post.
- Patriarch Partners
- CNBC TV Profiles - Lynn Tilton
- Lynn Tilton Owns More Companies Than Any U.S Woman
- "Rock star" executive Lynn Tilton rescues companies — and saves jobs - Seattle Times, March 15, 2009
- A Private-Equity Boss In Four-Inch Stilettos NPR Planet Money podcast, March 30, 2010