||This article includes a list of references, but its sources remain unclear because it has insufficient inline citations. (January 2011)|
|Born||The Bronx, New York, NY|
|Alma mater||Yale University
Columbia Business School
|Net worth||$830 Million (2012)|
Lynn Tilton is an American business magnate and investor. Tilton is the Chief Executive Officer and sole principal of Patriarch Partners, LLC and its affiliated entities, a private equity firm managing $8 billion (USD) in assets. She is also Chairman and CEO of MD Helicopters, Inc., a manufacturer of commercial and military helicopters, and the acting CEO of Dura Automotive Systems, a Tier 1 supplier to automotive and transportation industry OEMs.
Early life and career
Tilton began her career at Morgan Stanley in 1981. She also worked for Goldman, Sachs & Co. and Merrill Lynch as an investment banker until 1989. Prior to founding Patriarch Partners, Tilton was an executive at Long Drive Management Trust, a special situations investment fund, and Executive Managing Director of Papillon Partners, Inc., a firm which she founded to offer customized research, valuation and execution services to sellers of bank loans and high yield bonds.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Lynn Tilton.|
- "Lynn Tilton Net Worth". Thecelebworth. Retrieved 5 September 2013.
- Patriarch Partners, LLC. "Lynn Tilton: Dedicated to Excellence". PatriarchPartners.com. Retrieved December 18, 2012.
- Patriarch Partners, LLC. "The Firm: About Us". PatriarchPartners.com. Retrieved December 18, 2012.
- MD Helicopters, Inc. "Company: Today". MDHelicopters.com. Retrieved December 18, 2012.
- Dura Automotive Systems. "About: Leadership Team: Lynn Tilton". DuraAuto.com. Retrieved December 18, 2012.
- "News Headlines". Cnbc.com. 2009-06-01. Retrieved 2012-06-19.
- ABC News. "'A Woman's Work Is Never Done'". ABCNews.go.com. Retrieved December 18, 2012.
- CNBC Lynn Tilton appearances on CNBC.
- The Huffington Post Lynn Tilton contributions to and appearances within The Huffington Post.
- Patriarch Partners
- CNBC TV Profiles - Lynn Tilton
- Lynn Tilton Owns More Companies Than Any U.S Woman
- "Rock star" executive Lynn Tilton rescues companies — and saves jobs - Seattle Times, March 15, 2009
- A Private-Equity Boss In Four-Inch Stilettos NPR Planet Money podcast, March 30, 2010