From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Lysander may refer to:
- Albert Lysander (1875–1956), Swedish Lutheran priest; one of the early pioneers of the Swedish High Church movement
- Lysander, military general of ancient Sparta
- Lysander (Shakespeare), character in Shakespeare's A Midsummer Night's Dream
- Lysander Button ( 1810–1898), American inventor
- Lysander Farrar (1812–1876), New York politician
- Lysander Spooner (1808–1887), American political activist and legal theorist
- HMS Lysander, several ships of the British Royal Navy
- Westland Lysander, British military aircraft of the 1930s and 1940s
From the Greek name Λυσανδρος (Lysandros) which meant "a release of a man" from Greek λυσις (lysis) "a release" and ανδρος (andros) "of a man".
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.