||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (May 2013)|
O'Connor backing Cara Dillon at the 2012 Bristol Folk Festival
|Associated acts||Midnight Well, De Dannan, The Boys of the Lough, Skylark, Cara Dillon|
Máirtín O'Connor is an Irish button accordionist from Galway, Ireland, who began playing at the age of nine, and whose career has seen him as a member of many traditional music groups that include Skylark, Midnight Well, De Dannan, and The Boys of the Lough. A traditional Irish musician, O'Connor was one of the major forces of the music in the world renowned Riverdance.
His first solo album A Connachtman's Rambles established him as a solo musician and proved a major critical success. O'Connor has released three albums since; Perpetual Motion, released in 1990, Chatterbox, released in 1993, and The Road West, released in 2005.
- The Connachtman's Rambles (1979)
- Perpetual Motion (1990)
- Chatterbox (1993)
- The Road West (2005)
- Rain of Light
- Crossroads (2008)
- Riverdance (various artists) (1995)
- Fis Carolan's Dream (Garry O'Briain) (1998)
- "Máirtín O'Connor Biography". Tara Music Company Limited. 1999–2013. Retrieved 29 May 2013.
- Ng, Alan (2000–2013). "Irish Traditional Music Tune Index Album Details for Crossroads by Máirtín O'Connor, Cathal Hayden, Seamie O'Dowd". Irishtune.info. Retrieved 29 May 2013.
|This article about an Irish musician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|