Map of Leyte with Merida highlighted
|Region||Eastern Visayas (Region VIII)|
|Congr. district||4th district of Leyte|
|• Mayor||Marcos Antonio D. Solana|
|• Total||95.21 km2 (36.76 sq mi)|
|• Density||290/km2 (740/sq mi)|
|Time zone||PST (UTC+8)|
- Puerto Bello
- San Isidro
- San Jose
|Population census of Merida|
|Source: National Statistics Office|
The town has five high schools including the Libas National High School and Merida Vocational School which has annexes in various barangays: MVS Calunangan, MVS Puerto Bello, MVS Minesite. The main campus is located in Greenheights District just a few meters away from the Municipal Hall.
Merida Vocational School
Merida Vocational School is known for its skills development program which opens a variety of vocational courses such as the following:
- Drafting Technology
- Culinary Arts
- SMAW Welding
- Furniture and Cabinet Making
- Building Construction
- Automotive Servicing
- Building-Wiring Installation.
- "Municipalities". Quezon City, Philippines: Department of the Interior and Local Government. Retrieved 19 June 2013.
- "Province: Leyte". PSGC Interactive. Makati City, Philippines: National Statistical Coordination Board. Retrieved 19 June 2013.
- "Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay: as of May 1, 2010". 2010 Census of Population and Housing. National Statistics Office. Retrieved 19 June 2013.
- Philippine Standard Geographic Code
- Philippine Census Information
- Local Governance Performance Management System