|Origin||London, United Kingdom|
|Associated acts||Armed Response Unit, Million Dead, Mothlite, Palehorse, Queen Of Swords, The Sleeping Souls, Frank Turner|
|Members||Frank Turner - aka "Renrut"
Ben Dawson - aka "Awesome"
Matt Nasir - aka "Nadir"
Möngöl Hörde is an English hardcore punk band formed in 2012. The group features Frank Turner on vocals, Ben Dawson on drums and Matt Nasir on guitar. Turner and Dawson are both former members of hardcore punk outfit Million Dead. Frank Turner is now best known for his solo folk-punk material, and Matt Nasir is part of his backing band, The Sleeping Souls. Lyrically, Möngöl Hörde is not as serious as Frank Turner's other projects, with Turner stating, "Lyrically it's very different from what I do now, it's kind of depraved. The first song we wrote is about Natalie Portman's tapeworm using her as a glove puppet to lead an uprising in Hollywood. We're writing a whole pile of new songs and we're going to do some live dates soon."
The group has released 3 recorded tracks so far: "Casual Threats From Weekend Hardmen" (accompanied by a music video), "How The Communists Ruined Christmas" and "Tapeworm Uprising". The band made their live débuts at free shows in London and Leeds in the two days before the band played on the Lock Up Stage at Reading and Leeds Festival.
Their self-titled debut album was released on 26 May 2014.
- Möngöl Hörde - 2014
- "Music - Frank Turner". BBC. Retrieved 24 April 2013.
- Frank Turner unveils new hardcore band Mongol Horde's first track - Listen NME 6 August 2012
- Casual Threats From Weekend Hardmen Music Video
- How The Communists Ruined Christmas YouTube video
- Tapeworm Uprising YouTube video
- Frank Turner covers The Streets and Nirvana as he launches Mongol Horde at Reading Festival
- Möngöl Hörde website