Mövenpick Hotels & Resorts
|Some or all of this article's listed sources may not be reliable. (February 2012)|
|Founded||London, England (1973)|
|Key people||Jean Gabriel Pérès, President & CEO|
|Revenue||CHF1.54 billion (in 2012)|
Mövenpick Hotels and Resorts began in 1973 with the opening of two hotels near Zurich Airport and in Regensdorf. The company was originally called The Mövenpick Hotel Group and was a part of The Mövenpick Group that was founded in 1948 by Ueli Prager. In 1976, the company opened its first hotel outside of Europe in Cairo, adjacent to the pyramids at Giza. In 1991, the first Mövenpick luxury cruiser, the H.S. Radamis, set off on the Nile between Aswan and Luxor. The company is an international upscale hotel management company with roots in Switzerland and over 90 properties existing or under construction in Europe, Africa, the Middle East and Asia.
Mövenpick Hotels and Resorts is an upscale hotel management company focusing on developing its portfolio of hotels, resorts, and residences (yet to be released). The company’s portfolio includes both leased hotels and hotels under management contracts throughout Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia. Movenpick Hotels & Resorts sales in 2007 were CHF831.2 million, a 19% rise compared to 2006. The company's earnings before interest and taxes increased by 53% to CHF13.3 million throughout the same period.
- "Mövenpick Hotels & Resorts - Key Figures". Moevenpick-hotels.com. Retrieved 2011-11-30.
- "wtmlondon.com". wtmlondon.com. Retrieved 2011-11-30.
- Hospitality Net. "Mövenpick Hotels & Resorts awarded 'Fastest Growing Hotel Chain in the Middle East'". Hospitalitynet.org. Retrieved 2011-11-30.
- "Mövenpick Group | Mövenpick". Moevenpick-group.com. Retrieved 2011-11-30.
- "Mövenpick Hotels & Resorts - Development Strategy". Moevenpick-hotels.com. Retrieved 2011-11-30.
- "EBSCOhost - world’s foremost premium research database service". Search.ebscohost.com. Retrieved 2011-11-30.