M&M's Kart Racing
|M&M's Kart Racing|
|Release date(s)||Nintendo Wii
|Distribution||Wii Optical Disc, 128-Megabit cartridge|
M&M's Kart Racing is a video game of the racing genre for the Nintendo DS and Wii video game consoles based on the M&M's license and developed by Frontline Studios. It was the fifth of the six M&M's video games. The game allows players to play one of M&M's characters in fifteen race environments (despite the package claiming ten).
M&M's Kart Racing is a kart racing game in which the player controls one of the selectable characters who race in karts in different race tracks that vary in shape and theme.
IGN gave the DS version 3/10 and the Wii version 2.5/10 citing that "commercial mascots make terrible videogames" and that the game "barely uses the license at all". GameSpot gave the DS version 2/10 stating that the game "could put you off M&M's for life". GameSpot also awarded the game "Flat-out Worst Game" award in GameSpot's "Best and Worst of 2008" awards. GameZone also panned it, giving it 2/10. The game was also awarded the lowest-rated kart game by Guinness World Records Gamer's Edition 2011, stating that the game's nearest "rival" was Shrek Swamp Kart Speedway, the latter of which has a GameRankings score of 26.40%, 3.9% more than M&M's Kart Racing.
- "GameRankings Wii". GameRankings. Retrieved 11 April 2014.
- "GameRankings DS". GameRankings. Retrieved 11 April 2014.
- "IGN DS". IGN. 4 April 2008. Retrieved 11 April 2014.
- "IGN Wii". IGN. 3 March 2008. Retrieved 11 April 2014.
- "GameSpot review". GameSpot. 4 November 2008. Retrieved 11 April 2014.
- Guinness World Records Gamer's Edition 2011. Guinness. 2011. p. 80.
- ""Today's most hilariously atrocious video": M&M's Kart Racing on Joystiq.com". Retrieved 2007-11-17.