M. M. De Voe
|This article relies on references to primary sources. (July 2011)|
In 2009, Ms. De Voe founded Pen Parentis, a membership organization that provides resources to authors who are also parents. The organization hosts an annual Writing Fellowship for New Parents and runs a popular reading series in Manhattan called the Pen Parentis Literary Salons, which is curated by Arlaina Tibensky.
DeVoe has also appeared in many plays including The Marriage of Bette and Boo, A Lie of the Mind, Baby with the Bathwater and The Heidi Chronicles (as the title role). An AFTRA and EQUITY member, she does voiceover work in both Lithuanian and English.
- Winner, Raymond Carver Short Fiction Competition (1997)
- First Prize, H. E. Francis Short Story Competition (2002)
- Pushcart Prize (2005)
- Pushcart Prize (2006)
- Eric Hoffer Award for Best New Writing (2008)
- Literal Latte Short-Short Fiction Contest (2009)
- Listed in Who’s Who of American Women and Who’s Who in the World since 2004.