|Type||Broadcast Television Network|
|Availability||Worldwide via Satellite|
|Launch date||November 2005|
|Official website||http://www.madworld.gr |
|Music of Greece|
|Media and performance|
|Nationalistic and patriotic songs|
|National anthem||"Hymn to Liberty"|
|Related areas||Cyprus, Pontus, Constantinople (Hasapiko)|
MAD World is the international network of MAD TV that broadcasts the 'best of MAD' programming to Greeks abroad in Asia, Africa and Australia. In light of the fact that MAD World is geared toward Greeks living abroad, it has different programming then MAD TV in Greece. It broadcasts only Greek music and related programming, no international music.
Mad World is on air 24 hours a day, broadcasting all genres of Greek music (pop, hip-hop, rock, etc.), 'rockumentaries' dedicated to famous Greek artists and daily live shows that keeps the audience informed about the events that take place in Greece. Mad World also focuses on the classic Greek hits of the last decade that are very popular among the Greeks all over the world. Mad TV's production team is behind all the creative new formulas of Mad World and its ultimate goal is to make it the best satellite music channel.
Mad TV wishes to spread Greek music all over the world through Mad World. What is more, it truly hopes to bring together Greek emigrants by informing their audience about current music events that take place in Greece, and/or the live appearances of the Greek artists abroad, thus benefiting both the Greek artists/singers and Greek songwriters.
It launched in December 2005 in Asia, Africa and Australia on UBI World TV and launched in New Zealand in 2008 when UBI World TV expanded their services to New Zealand, UBI World TV also own worldwide distribution rights to the channel.
Mad World features programs that are tailored specifically for this station:
- MAD Video Requests- Show that lets viewers request their favourite music video via email and SMS
- MAD TOP 10- The Top 10 Music videos from Greece
- MAD News- The latest music news on the hour
- POP World- Pop Music and popular music videos
- 3 apo 1- 3 video clips from the same artist
- Κlassika- Classic hits from that last 20 years
- Juke Box- Viewers select their favourite from among 2 video clips
- Mad4Bouzoukia- Live performances
- Μousiko Κouti- All the latest news from the world of music and showbiz
- Polu Dunata- All the latest Greek pop hits
- Rythmos Εllinikos- Non stop music mix of the latest hits from Greece
- Τa Εrotika- Ballads from the world of pop, rock, techno and modern Greek music
- Τop 5- 5 of the biggest hits from a specific artist, interspersed with interviews
- Trash Me- Late night segment with a logo of a dog, an innuendo for the derogatory Skiladiko (Dog music) genre, which features lower budget "trash" clips that did not traditionally enjoy much broadcasting. Also includes songs that established a cult following in the nightlife.
- Official Site (Greek)
|This Greek television-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Australian television-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|