|Founded||November 26, 2000|
mBank is a Polish direct bank, part of BRE Bank (owned by Commerzbank). mBank was launched as a greenfield venture in 2000 and started its operations on November 26, 2000. 10 years later (by Q3 2010) it had acquired 2.5 million customers and had 14 billion PLN deposits and 13.1 billion PLN in loans. It is currently the 3rd largest retail bank in Poland in terms of number of customers.
The current BRE Bank CEO is Cezary Stypułkowski. mBank's General Manager is Pawel Kucharski.
The design of the web service is aimed at making online banking more functional and user friendly. The service uses HTML 5 and "UI tricks" to achieve this.
- 25/26 Nov 2000 - mBank's launch
- 2001 - Launch of the first Cyber Cafe
- 24 Dec 2001 - 1 bln PLN deposits
- 21 Jan 2002 - 150 thousand clients
- 2002 - first Credit Centre opened (currently Financial Centre), a physical place of contact for loan origination
- Jan 2003 - Online Managed Funds launched as an open platform for 3rd party products
- 2004 - Launch of consumer loans
- Jul 2005 - Online brokerage
- 2005 - 1 million clients
- 3 Dec 2006 - mBank Mobile launched, the first mobile virtual network operator in Poland
- 13 Feb 2007 - Car Insurance Supermarket launched, an open platform for 3rd party car insurance products
- Mar 2007 - mKiosks franshise started (mKiosk a mobile points of sale for financial products, operated in high traffic areas like supermarkets and shopping malls)
- 24/25 Nov 2007 - 7th anniversary and launch of operations in Slovakia and Czech Republic
- 6 Dec 2007 - a Financial Centre opened in London
- 15 Mar 2008 – all mBank's payment cards are issued with EMV chips
- 10 Dec 2008 – 2 million clients
- 14 Jun 2009 – major upgrade of online banking system
|This European bank or insurance-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Polish corporation or company article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|