||This article appears to be written like an advertisement. (November 2011)|
MC Conrad (the stage name of Conrad Thompson) is a British MC, well known for his collaboration with drum'n'bass DJ LTJ Bukem, as well as other artists on Bukem's Good Looking Records. He is notable for distinct vocal style, sounding bright and atmospheric on top of drum'n'bass tracks.
Life and career
A young Conrad grew up listening to the family record collection, absorbing a variety of vocal styles and musical genres. When developing his own tastes, the 2-tone and early electro scenes were well favoured. This involvement with urban street music moved Conrad toward the hip hop scene and the first inkling of his desire to make music himself. Picking up a microphone, Conrad began to rap for a local hip hop band and started to develop an individual style.
Unfortunately, British hip hop was not developing its own individuality and Conrad took his vocal talents elsewhere. The early rave scene was the ideal opportunity for MC's to develop and Conrad wasted no time in hooking up with LTJ Bukem. Theirs was the definitive DJ / MC partnership - one which aspired to and achieved even greater heights in following years. Conrad's voice became the trademark of the Good Looking sound and vibe.
With his voice now established, MC Conrad is applying his skill and knowledge to the production of music. His collaboration with PHD has provided an extra dimension to his abilities, but is just one small piece of the bigger picture that Conrad has envisioned.
His Words 2 B Heard project aims to put the live voice in its traditional place - at the front of a band. Bringing together a pool of vocalists, musicians and producers, Words 2 B Heard is a collective on a mission to take music out of the sampler and onto the stage.
With his work, Conrad hopes to remove the technological stigma of dance music and gain access to all the atmosphere and experimentation that live music provides. Words 2 B Heard sums up the creative process that Conrad thrives on, and continues to develop his style and content. His raps bring together thoughts and feelings culled from all aspects of life, personally organised to complement the music and connect with the people who are listening.
- Progression Sessions (CD) Good Looking Records
- Progression Sessions 3 (CD) Good Looking Records
- Vocalist 01 LP (2x12") Good Looking Records
- Logical Progression Level 4 (Limited Edition) (3x12") Good Looking Records
- F Jam (12") F Jam (Vocal Mix) F-Jams
- Ministry Of Sound Presents One Half Of A Whole Decade (3xCD) MOS
- Artcore 3 (3x12") F-Jam React
- Colours (12") F-Jam (Album Edit) F-Jams
- Progression Sessions 4 (2xCD) Good Looking Records
- Progression Sessions 5 (2xCD) Good Looking Records
- The Chill Out Album (2xCD) F-Jam Telstar
- Human Elements (2xCD) Introduction Good Looking Records
- NuSounds (CD) I Like To Tell Ya Thingz Good Looking Records
- Progression Sessions 6 - Live In America (2xCD) Good Looking Records
- Progression Sessions 7 - Live In Japan (2xCD) Good Looking Records
- Progression Sessions 8 - Live In London (2xCD) Good Looking Records
- Progression Sessions 10 - Live In Munich (2xCD) Good Looking Records
- Sounds Good - Sampler 01 (CD) Words 2B Heard Meets T... Good Looking