|Transit type||Rapid Transit|
|Track gauge||Indian gauge|
The first MEMU service in Bilaspur division of S E Railway started on 17-10-1995 in 1995-96 between Raipur-Durg-Bhatapara-Raipur-Bilaspur. First train was inagurated by V.C.Shukla, the senior leader of Indian national congress.
MEMU trains are designed for semi-urban and rural areas, unlike EMU (electric multiple unit) trains that are designed for urban and semi-urban areas. MEMU trains also have end vestibules (gangway connections) not found on EMU trains. Also, unlike EMU, MEMU trains have lavatories.
List of MEMU Trains
- SURAT - VIRAR MEMU (SURAT - SANJAN (69142) & SANJAN - VIRAR (69144))
- VIRAR - SURAT MEMU (VIRAR - SANJAN (69143) & SANJAN - SURAT (69141))
- VADODARA - UMBARGAM MEMU (VADODARA - SURAT (69112) SURAT -VALSAD (69152) VALSAL - UMBARGAM (69154))
- UMBARGAM - VADODARA MEMU (UMBARGAM - VALSAL (69153) VALSAD - SURAT (69151) SURAT - VADODARA (69111))
- SURAT - AHMEDABAD MEMU (SURAT - VADODARA (69109) VADODARA - AHMEDABAD (69107))
- AHMEDABAD - SURAT MEMU (AHMEDABAD - VADODARA (69108) VADODARA - SURAT (69110))
- DADAR - DAHANU MEMU
- Chennai - Tirupati MEMU
- Kollam - Kanyakumari MEMU
- Kollam - Ernakulam Junction railway station MEMU
- Falaknuma - Bhongir MEMU
- Falaknuma - Jangaon MEMU
- Kanpur- Lucknow MEMU
- Ghaziabad - New Delhi MEMU
- Kanpur-Etawah-Tundla-Agra cantt MEMU
- Agra cantt - Bayana Jn. MEMU
- Gaya - Patna Passenger MEMU
- Gaya - Bhagalpur Passenger MEMU
- Ambikapur - Anuppur MEMU
- Bilaspur - Katni MEMU
- Raipur - Durg MEMU
- Raipur - Dongargarh MEMU
- Bilaspur - Raipur MEMU
- Korba - Raipur MEMU
- Durg - Gondia MEMU
- Bilaspur - Gevra Road MEMU
- Bilaspur - Raigarh MEMU
- Raipur - Gevra Road MEMU
- Asansol - Bardhaman MEMU
- Bokaro Steel City - Asansol - Bardhaman MEMU
- Asansol - Gaya MEMU
- Purulia - Asansol MEMU
- Balasore - Kharakpur MEMU
- Visakhapatam - Rajahmundry MEMU
- Chennai - Nellore MEMU
- Palghat - Coimbatore MEMU extended till Erode
- "SCR starts 2 Memu trains". Times of India. July 20, 2011. Retrieved December 10, 2011.
- Express News Service (December 9, 2011). "Corporation adamant on saving MEMU dream". CNN-IBM. Retrieved December 10, 2011.
- "08749/Anuppur - Ambikapur MEMU Special". India Rail Info.
- "68747/Bilaspur Katni MEMU MEMU Bilaspur/BSP to Katni/KTE - India Rail Info - A Busy Junction for Travellers & Rail Enthusiasts". India Rail Info.
- "68703/Raipur Durg MEMU". India Rail Info.
- "68705/Raipur Dongargarh MEMU Local". India Rail Info.
- "68719/Bilaspur Raipur MEMU Local". India Rail Info.
- "68745/Korba - Raipur MEMU". India Rail Info.
- "68741/Durg-Gondia MEMU MEMU Durg/DURG to Gondia/G - India Rail Info - A Busy Junction for Travellers & Rail Enthusiasts". India Rail Info.
- "68734/Bilaspur Gevra Road MEMU". India Rail Info.
- "68738/Bilaspur Raigarh MEMU". India Rail Info.
- "68746/Raipur - Gerva Road MEMU". India Rail Info.
- "67296/Visakhapatnam-Rajahmundry Passenger". India Rail Info.
- "Meagre allocation for projects in Telangana". The New Indian Express.
- "MEMU services figure in timetable". The Hindu. July 1, 2010. Retrieved December 10, 2011.
- South Central Railway (July 7, 2011). "Introduction Of Memu Passenger On Chennai Central-Nellore & Tirupati-Nellore & Cennai Central-Tirupati Sections" (Press release). Retrieved December 10, 2011.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to MEMU at Kerala.|
- Express News Service (July 29, 2009). "Railway introduces passenger-friendly technology in MEMU trains". Indian Express.
- Indian Railways Fan Club Photo Gallery: MEMU