|Transit type||Rapid Transit|
|Track gauge||Indian gauge|
MEMU trains are designed for semi-urban and rural areas, unlike EMU (electric multiple unit) trains that are designed for urban and semi-urban areas. MEMU trains also have end vestibules (the passageways connecting two coaches) not found on EMU trains. Also, unlike EMU, MEMU trains have lavatories.
'Italic text'==List of MEMU Trains== (Incomplete)
- DADAR - DAHANU MEMU
- Chennai - Tirupati MEMU
- Kollam - Kanyakumari MEMU
- Kollam - Ernakulam Junction railway station MEMU
- Falaknuma - Bhongir MEMU
- Falaknuma - Jangaon MEMU
- Kanpur-Etawah-Tundla-Agra cantt MEMU
- Agra cantt - Bayana Jn. MEMU
- Gaya - Patna Passenger MEMU
- Gaya - Bhagalpur Passenger MEMU
kanpur central-lucknow/ap singh
- "SCR starts 2 Memu trains". Times of India. July 20, 2011. Retrieved December 10, 2011.
- Express News Service (December 9, 2011). "Corporation adamant on saving MEMU dream". CNN-IBM. Retrieved December 10, 2011.
- "MEMU services figure in timetable". The Hindu. July 1, 2010. Retrieved December 10, 2011.
- South Central Railway (July 7, 2011). "Introduction Of Memu Passenger On Chennai Central-Nellore & Tirupati-Nellore & Cennai Central-Tirupati Sections" (Press release). Retrieved December 10, 2011.
- Express News Service (July 29, 2009). "Railway introduces passenger-friendly technology in MEMU trains". Indian Express.
- Indian Railways Fan Club Photo Gallery: MEMU