|Transit type||Rapid Transit|
|Track gauge||Indian gauge|
The first MEMU service in Bilaspur division of S E Railway started on 17-10-1995 in 1995-96 between Raipur-Durg-Bhatapara-Raipur-Bilaspur. First train was inagurated by Late V.C.Shukla, the senior leader of Indian national congress.
MEMU trains are designed for semi-urban and rural areas, unlike EMU (electric multiple unit) trains that are designed for urban and semi-urban areas. MEMU trains also have end vestibules (the passageways connecting two coaches) not found on EMU trains. Also, unlike EMU, MEMU trains have lavatories.
List of MEMU Trains
- DADAR - DAHANU MEMU
- Chennai - Tirupati MEMU
- Kollam - Kanyakumari MEMU
- Kollam - Ernakulam Junction railway station MEMU
- Falaknuma - Bhongir MEMU
- Falaknuma - Jangaon MEMU
- Kanpur- Lucknow MEMU
- Ghaziabad - New Delhi MEMU
- Kanpur-Etawah-Tundla-Agra cantt MEMU
- Agra cantt - Bayana Jn. MEMU
- Gaya - Patna Passenger MEMU
- Gaya - Bhagalpur Passenger MEMU
- Ambikapur - Anuppur MEMU 
- Bilaspur - Katni MEMU 
- Raipur - Durg MEMU 
- Raipur - Dongargarh MEMU 
- Bilaspur - Raipur MEMU 
- Korba - Raipur MEMU 
- Durg - Gondia MEMU 
- Bilaspur - Gevra Road MEMU 
- Bilaspur - Raigarh MEMU 
- Raipur - Gevra Road MEMU 
- Asansol - Bardhaman MEMU
- Bokaro Steel City - Asansol - Bardhaman MEMU
- Asansol - Gaya MEMU
- Purulia - Asansol MEMU
- Balasore - Kharakpur MEMU
- Visakhapatam - Rajahmundry MEMU 
- "SCR starts 2 Memu trains". Times of India. July 20, 2011. Retrieved December 10, 2011.
- Express News Service (December 9, 2011). "Corporation adamant on saving MEMU dream". CNN-IBM. Retrieved December 10, 2011.
- "MEMU services figure in timetable". The Hindu. July 1, 2010. Retrieved December 10, 2011.
- South Central Railway (July 7, 2011). "Introduction Of Memu Passenger On Chennai Central-Nellore & Tirupati-Nellore & Cennai Central-Tirupati Sections" (Press release). Retrieved December 10, 2011.
- Express News Service (July 29, 2009). "Railway introduces passenger-friendly technology in MEMU trains". Indian Express.
- Indian Railways Fan Club Photo Gallery: MEMU