MFC 22: Payoff was a mixed martial arts event held by the Maximum Fighting Championship (MFC), it was held on October 2, 2009 at the River Cree Resort and Casino in Edmonton, Alberta. It featured the return of Jason MacDonald, who was competing in his first fight since being released by the UFC, against Travis Lutter, also competing in his first fight since being released by the UFC. The co-main event featured Antonio McKee defending the MFC lightweight title against Brazilian Carlo Prater. The event also featured UFC veterans Luigi Fioravanti, John Alessio, Pete Spratt, David Heath, Mike Nickels and Marvin Eastman. This event was broadcast on HDNet.
- Lutter defeated MacDonald via unanimous decision (29–28, 29–28, 29–28).
- McKee defeated Prater via unanimous decision (29–28, 29–28, 29–28).
- Alessio defeated Fioravanti via KO (punches) at 1:34 of round 3.
- Jimmo defeated Eastman via split decision (29–28, 28–29, 29–28).
- Spratt defeated Gunn via KO (punch) in at 4:19 of round 2.
- Nickels defeated Heath via submission (rear naked choke) at 4:02 of round 3.
- Christopher defeated Buckland via submission (guillotine choke) at 1:54 of round 1.
- Heit defeated Inkumusah via TKO (punches) at 4:59 of round 2.