MGM - AEG arena
|Location||Las Vegas Strip
|Owner||MGM Resorts International
|Operator||MGM Resorts International
|Broke ground||May 1, 2014|
|Construction cost||$375 million|
|Project manager||ICON Venue Group|
|Structural engineer||Thornton Tomasetti|
The MGM - AEG Arena (as it is currently known during planning and construction) is a $350 million, 20,000 seat arena on the Las Vegas Strip in Paradise, Nevada to be built and operated by MGM Resorts International and AEG Live. Construction on the new Strip arena began on May 1, 2014 with demolition of existing buildings set for mid-month, with scheduled completion and opening in 2016. The arena will be accessed by a new redevelopment project known as "The Park", adding retail, cafe, and restaurant space between New York-New York and the Monte Carlo casino hotels.
- Snel, Alan (May 1, 2014). "Shovels in the Ground, Confetti in the Air as MGM/AEG Arena Construction Begins". Las Vegas Review-Journal. Retrieved May 8, 2014.
- Snel, Alan (November 5, 2013). "AEG, MGM Resorts International Offer First Look at Arena on Las Vegas Strip". Las Vegas Review-Journal. Retrieved May 8, 2014.
- Jones, Jenny (February 18, 2014). "New Arena Design Reflects Las Vegas’s Milieu". Civil Engineering. Retrieved May 8, 2014.
- Robison, Jennifer (December 22, 2013). "Las Vegas Construction Poised to Prosper in 2014". Las Vegas Review-Journal. Retrieved May 8, 2014.
- Ritter, Ken (June 18, 2013). "AEG, MGM to Develop 20,000 Seat Las Vegas Strip Arena". The Denver Post. Retrieved June 18, 2013.
- "Las Vegas Getting 20K-Seat Arena". FOX Sports. June 18, 2013. Retrieved June 18, 2013.
- Collison, Kevin (June 18, 2013). "KC-Based Firm Populous to Design New Arena in Las Vegas". The Kansas City Star. Retrieved June 18, 2013.
- Snel, Alan (April 17, 2014). "AEG-MGM Arena Project to Break Ground May 1". Las Vegas Review-Journal. Retrieved May 8, 2014.
|This sports-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a specific building or structure is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|