MILF, an acronym for "Mother/Mom/Mum I'd Like to Fuck", is a colloquial term common in English and generally regarded as vulgar when spelled out. It denotes a sexually attractive female, usually several years older than the person using the term.
In 2002, a resident of the U.S. state of Washington applied for a vanity license plate reading "GOTMILF", a parody of the advertising slogan Got Milk. This plate was approved, but it was later canceled after complaints were filed against it.
- Tristan Taormino (November 6, 2007). "The Rise of MILFs and Mommies in Sexual-Fantasy Material". Village Voice. Retrieved 2010-08-14. "No one has nailed down the origin of the acronym MILF ("Mom I'd Like to Fuck"), although American Pie is credited with popularizing the term, which is most closely associated with teenage boys lusting for a friend's hot mom."
- An example of 1995 internet usage of 'MILF' predating American Pie.
- Marrit Ingman. "Of MILF and Men - The sexy-mom phenomenon—is it hot or not?". New York Magazine. Retrieved 2010-08-14. "How exactly did a once-taboo erotic fetish become a widespread, culturally sanctioned ideal, a perverse mix of branding and empowerment? After all, a hot mom used to be a tragedy, whether in the literal sense (Oedipus’ Mom-I’m-Fated-to-Fuck, Jocasta) or in the bittersweet Mrs. Robinson sense (“Oh, God. Oh, let me out,” begs Benjamin Braddock). Alternately, it was an insult: “Oh, yeah? That’s not what your mama said last night.” A hot mom was by definition a bad mom."
- "End Of Road For GOTMILF License Plate". the smoking gun. July 21, 2004. Retrieved 19 June 2012.
|Look up MILF in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
- Caley Cook: M.I.L.F. – Pop culture’s fixation on hot moms; San Diego CityBeat