||This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page.
MIPIM (Le marché international des professionnels de l’immobilier) is an international property event hosted in Cannes, France each March. It is hosted by Reed MIDEM and advertised as one of the largest real estate shows, including an exhibition area, networking events and expert-led conference sessions over a period of 4 days.
MIPIM attracts people from a wide variety of real estate sectors. It aims to facilitate business between investors, corporate end-users, local authorities, hospitality professionals, industrial and logistics players and other real estate professionals.
The next MIPIM will be held March 11–14, 2014.
Building Innovation 
A new feature of MIPIM 2012 was the Building Innovation Pavilion. Based on the idea “Think Smart. Build value”, the Building Innovation Pavilion was an area dedicated to showcasing innovative new solutions for more sustainable building and increased value of real estate assets. In this space, participants could network, discover new projects and attend conferences and presentations delivered by architecture experts.
Networking Events 
Each year, MIPIM offers several networking opportunities, with the goal of facilitating business between participants. These events usually include themed networking breakfasts and luncheons, an opening cocktail party, the MIPIM Awards ceremony, and dedicated meetings.
Some examples of formal networking formats include: Link-In sessions, Hotel, Tourism and Leisure (HTL) presentations and Power Meetings, Investors Power Meetings and the Mayors’ Think Tank.
“Re-Invest, The MIPIM Real Estate Institutional Investors Summit” was a new initiative in 2012. It served as a platform for real estate professionals to discuss real estate issues. Prior to the event, research and surveys were commissioned by MIPIM, to determine some of today’s most important industry questions. During the event, participants reviewed the findings of this research, and then debated on the topic “What is the future of fund management and is there a need for a new model?". An analysis of this summit is set to be published and circulated.
Sports by MIPIM 
Another feature of MIPIM 2012 was Sports by MIPIM, a half-day sports seminar. A dedicated programme of conferences and events served as a way for participants to discover the connection between sports and urban development.
Country of Honour 
Each year, MIPIM highlights a country which shows great development and achievement in the real estate industry. The country is named “Country of Honour” and is celebrated through a series of dedicated conferences and events during MIPIM. Germany was named Country of Honour in 2012. Some highlights of this programme included a German themed opening cocktail party, German Pavilion and a keynote address by Joschka Fischer, former Minister of Foreign Affairs of Germany. There were also several German cities exhibiting including Stuttgart, Frankfurt and Munchen.
Turkey has been named as the 2013 Country of Honour, and will receive recognition at the next MIPIM.
The MIPIM Awards 
Each year, developers submit their real estate projects for a chance to win a MIPIM Award in one of several categories. After all entries are submitted, finalists are nominated by a jury of industry professionals. During MIPIM, the jury, as well as MIPIM delegates vote to determine the winners. The awards are presented at an awards ceremony following a red carpet entrance and cocktail.
Past MIPIM Awards winners 
Refurbished office buildings
|1992||One Canada Square, London|
|1998||Stadttor, Düsseldorf||Le Jardin des Fonderies, Nantes|
|1999||debis Potsdamer Platz, Berlin||Forum Aveiro, Aveiro||Scottish Widows headquarters, Edinburgh||ING Bank headquarters, Amsterdam||Place Princesse Palatine, Paris|
|2000||Green Island, Brussels||Centro Vasco da Gama, Lisbon||Brook House, London|
Hotels and tourism resorts
Refurbished office buildings
|2003||Berliner Bogen, Hamburg||Almada Forum, Almada||Sofitel Hotel, Chicago||World Trade Center, Amsterdam||Chateau de la Reine Blanche, Paris|
|2004||Metropolitan, Warsaw||Centro Comercial Berceo, Berceo||Grand Hotel Heiligendamm, Heiligendamm||Kenzo headquarters, Paris||Grosvenor Place, Hong Kong |
|2005||Mondrian, Brussels||Principe Plo, Madrid||Wales Millennium Center, Cardiff||Le Monde headquarters, Paris||Turning Torso, Malmö|
|2006||Home Office, London||Weltstadthaus, Cologne||Villa Kennedy, Frankfurt am Main||Madou Plaza, Brussels||The Lake Apartments, Vilamoura|
|2007||Pórtico, Madrid||Europa Passage, Hamburg||Malmaison Oxford, Oxford Castle, Oxford||Belmont Court, Brussels||Colliers Kirinda, Kirinda|
Hotels and tourism resorts
Refurbished office buildings
|2008||Council of Europe, Strassbourg||Crane Track, Amsterdam||Mövenpick Hotel im Wasserturm, Hamburg||Unilever House, London||Chimney Pot Park, Salford|
|2009||Kranhaus 1, Cologne||CSET, Ningbo||Phoenix Island Villa, Seogwipo||Les Ecuries de la Chasse Royale, Brussels||Mountain Dwellings, Copenhagen|
|2010||GlaxoSmithKline, Brussels||Solaris, Brussels||Kameha Grand Hotel, Bonn||STIB/MIVB headquarters, Brussels||Marco Polo Tower, Hamburg|
In 2012, 11 awards were presented: Best Hotel & Tourism Resort, Best Industrial & Logistics Development, Best Office and Business Development, Best Refurbished Building, Best Residential Development, Best Shopping Centre, Best Futura Project, Best Futura Mega Project, Best German Project, Special Jury Award and the People’s Choice Award.
The People’s Choice Award was a new initiative for 2012, and included an online vote by participants on the official MIPIM Facebook page.
2012 MIPIM Awards winners 
- Best Hotel & Tourism Resort: Six Senses Con Dao, Ba-Ria, Vietnam
- Best Industrial & Logistics Development: McLaren Production Centre, Woking, United Kingdom
- Best Office and Business Development: Main Point Karlin, Prague, Czech Republic
- Best Refurbished Building: “The Library" - New Community Center and Library, Copenhagen, Denmark
- Best Residential Development: 'Residence le 19' in the Claude Bernard area in Paris, Paris, France
- Best Shopping Centre: Morocco Mall, Casablanca, Morocco
- Best Futura Project: Hôtel de Police - Charleroi/Danses Performing Arts Center, Charleroi, Belgium
- Best Futura Mega Project: Express Rail Link West Kowloon Terminus, Hong Kong
- Best German Project: Maintor- The Riverside Financial District, Frankfurt am Main, Germany
- Special Jury Award: Refurbishment “Alte Post”, Hamburg, Germany
- People’s Choice Award: D-Cube City, Seoul, South Korea
MIPIM 2013 
Key figures from MIPIM 2013 
- 19,402 participants
- 6,739 companies
- 1,863 exhibiting companies
- 18,864 m² exhibition surface
- 83 countries
- 4,130 investors
- 171 hotel groups
- 283 corporate end-users
2013 MIPIM Awards winners 
There were 12 nominations in 2013. The list of winners:
- Best Hotel & Tourism Resort: Baku Flame Towers (Baku, Azerbaijan)
- Best Industrial & Logistics Development: Wastewater Treatment Plant in North Alt Maresme (Pineda de Mar)
- Best Office and Business Development: The Squaire (Frankfurt am Main, Germany)
- Best Refurbished Building: King’s Cross (London, United Kingdom)
- Best Residential Development: Isbjerget / The Iceberg (Aarhus, Denmark)
- Best Shopping Centre: Marmara Park (Istanbul, Turkey)
- Best Futura Project: Culture Casbah (Malmö, Sweden)
- Best Futura Mega Project: Milaneo (Stuttgart, Germany)
- Best Turkish Project: Bosphorus City (Istanbul, Turkey)
- People's Choice Award: Akasya Acibadem Lake & Woods Parcels (Istanbul, Turkey)
- Special Jury Award: King’s Cross (London, United Kingdom)
- "MIPIM –(MIPIM 2012 real estate conference programme)". Retrieved 2012-04-30.
- "MIPIM – (Building Innovation by MIPIM)". Retrieved 2012-04-30.
- "MIPIM – (MIPIM 2012 networking events)". Retrieved 2012-04-30.
- "MIPIM – (RE-Invest:The Real Estate Institutional Investors Summit)". Retrieved 2012-04-30.
- "MIPIM –Sports by MIPIM". Retrieved 2012-04-30.
- "MIPIM – (Germany, MIPIM 2012 Country of Honour)". Retrieved 2012-04-30.
- "MIPIM German Pavilion–". Retrieved 2012-05-02.
- "MIPIM Stuttgart –". Retrieved 2012-05-02.
- "Frankfurt Rhein Main –". Retrieved 2012-05-02.
- "MIPIM – (homepage)". Retrieved 2012-04-30.
- "GROSVENOR PLACE – (Mipim Award 2004) Hong Kong". Retrieved 2011-12-16.
- "MIPIM –(2012 MIPIM Awards)". Retrieved 2012-04-30.
- "Six Senses Con Dao –". Retrieved 2012-04-30.
- "e-architect –". Retrieved 2012-04-30.
- "Waymarking (Main Point Karlin) –". Retrieved 2012-04-30.
- "Detail 360 – (Résidence le 19 - Mixed-use building Claude Bernard area )". Retrieved 2012-04-30.
- "Morocco Mall – (Homepage )". Retrieved 2012-04-30.
- "Aedas – (Architecture/ Transport)". Retrieved 2012-04-30.
- "Maintor – (The Maintor Quartier )". Retrieved 2012-04-30.
- "Stenham Property – (Alte Post Hamburg wins MIPIM award)". Retrieved 2012-04-30.
- "MIPIM – (Discover MIPIM)". Retrieved 2012-04-30.
- "MIPIM 2013 Awards winners". Retrieved 2013-03-26.