|MP 412 REX|
|Place of origin||Russia|
|Produced||late 1990s (prototypes only—never reached production stage)|
|Weight||(unloaded) 0.9 kg|
|Feed system||Six round cylinder|
The MP412 REX is a Russian double-action .357 magnum revolver with a break-action chamber and an automatic ejector. It was designed for export (REX, Revolver for EXport), but never put into full production due to lack of a market. The weapon was designed by IZHMECH, the state-owned Russian Izhevsk Mechanical Plant, which also designed and produced the Makarov PM semi-automatic pistol.
The MP412 was unique in that it had a break-open frame rather than a swing-out cylinder design of most modern revolvers and a composite bottom frame consisting of steel with a polymer envelope. The REX never entered full production, possibly due to lack of market interest. This may be due to the break-action design being seen as not as strong as the more modern swing-out cylinder design which is inherently stronger, having a solid top instead of a top latch. The largest potential market, the United States, was closed to this revolver because it was manufactured in Russia; President Bill Clinton signed an agreement with Russian President Boris Yeltsin in the 1990s voluntarily banning the import of firearms from Russia to the United States.
- Battlefield: Bad Company - reload animation does not show the automatic ejector bullets
- Battlefield: Bad Company 2 - reload animation does not show the automatic ejector bullets
- Battlefield Play4Free - in two colors with a barrel length of 6 inches
- Battlefield 3 - reload animation shows the automatic ejector bullets
- Battlefield 4 - possible to install various accessories
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 - reload animation does not show the automatic ejector bullets
- Counter-Strike Online - the name of the Skull-1, is painted gold color and is charged fictional cartridge caliber .50 Anti-Zombie
- Ghost Recon Future Soldier - possible to install various accessories