MPEG-H is a group of standards under development by the ISO/IEC Moving Picture Experts Group (MPEG) for a digital container standard, a video compression standard, an audio compression standard, and two conformance testing standards. The group of standards are formally known as ISO/IEC 23008 - High efficiency coding and media delivery in heterogeneous environments.
MPEG-H consists of the following parts:
- MPEG-H Part 1: MPEG media transport – A media streaming format similar to the Real-time Transport Protocol that is adaptable to different networks.
- MPEG-H Part 2: High Efficiency Video Coding (under joint development with the ITU-T Video Coding Experts Group) – A video compression standard that doubles the data compression ratio compared to H.264/MPEG-4 AVC and can support resolutions up to 8192×4320.
- MPEG-H Part 3: 3D Audio – An audio compression standard for 3D audio that can support many loudspeakers.
- MPEG-H Part 4: MMT Reference Software
- MPEG-H Part 5: HEVC Reference Software
- MPEG-H Part 6: 3D Audio Reference Software
- MPEG-H Part 7: MMT Conformance Testing
- MPEG-H Part 8: HEVC Conformance Testing
- MPEG-H Part 9: 3D Audio Conformance Testing
- MPEG-H Part 10: MMT FEC Codes
- MPEG-H Part 11: MMT Composition Coding
- MPEG-H Part 12: HEVC Image File Format based on MPEG-4 Part 14
- MPEG-H Part 13: MMT Implementation Guidelines