MPEG media transport
|Type of format||Digital container format|
|Container for||Audio, video, data|
MPEG media transport (MMT), specified as ISO/IEC 23008-1 (MPEG-H Part 1), is a digital container standard under development by Moving Picture Experts Group (MPEG) that will support High Efficiency Video Coding (HEVC) video.  MMT was designed to transfer data using the all-Internet Protocol (All-IP) network.
In April 2013 a list of requirements was released for MMT and the general requirements stated that MMT must have clear advantages when compared to existing container formats and that it must have low computational demands. Also in April 2013 a list of use cases for MMT was released which included the need for it to support Ultra HD video content, 3D video content, interactive content, user generated content, applications that support multi-device presentation, subtitles, picture-in-picture video, and multiple audio tracks. MPEG has estimated that the first edition of MMT will reach Final Draft International Standard (FDIS) in November 2013.
- October 2010: Call for Proposals
- March 2011: Working Draft
- July 2012: Committee Draft
- January 2013: 2nd Committee Draft
- April 2013: Draft International Standard
- November 2013: Final Draft International Standard
- High Efficiency Video Coding (HEVC) — a video standard being developed by the ISO/IEC MPEG and ITU-T VCEG
- Ultra high definition television (UHDTV) — digital video formats with resolutions of 3840×2160 and 7680×4320
- ISO base media file format — a previous digital container standard created by MPEG and defined in ISO/IEC 14496-12
- MPEG transport stream — a previous digital container standard created by MPEG and defined in ISO/IEC 13818-1
- MPEG program stream — a previous digital container standard created by MPEG and defined in ISO/IEC 13818-1
- "Study of ISO/IEC CD 23008-1 MPEG Media Transport". MPEG. Retrieved 2013-05-31.
- "MPEG 102 - Shanghai". MPEG. Retrieved 2013-05-31.
- . 2013-01-30 http://multimediacommunication.blogspot.com/2013/01/mpeg-news-report-from-103rd-meeting.html. Retrieved 2013-06-02. Missing or empty
- Song Su-hyun (2013-01-30). "Global body adopts latest media transport tech". Korea JoongAng Daily. Retrieved 2013-06-02.
- "MPEG 103 - Genève". MPEG. Retrieved 2013-05-31.
- "Requirements on MPEG Media Transport (MMT)". MPEG. Retrieved 2013-05-31.
- "Use Cases for MPEG Media Transport (MMT)". MPEG. Retrieved 2013-05-31.
- "MPEG 104 - Incheon". MPEG. Retrieved 2013-05-31.
- "Work plan and time line". MPEG. Retrieved 2013-05-31.
- "Media Transport Technologies for Next Generation Broadcasting Systems". NHK. Retrieved 2013-05-09.
- "Text of ISO/IEC 2nd CD 23008-1 MPEG Media Transport". MPEG. Retrieved 2013-05-31.
- Christian Timmerer (2013-01-30). "MPEG news: a report from the 103rd meeting, Geneva, Switzerland". Multimedia Communication. Retrieved 2013-06-02.
- "ISO/IEC DIS 23008-1". International Organization for Standardization. 2013-05-13. Retrieved 2013-06-02.