|Headquarters||Boston, Massachusetts, United States|
|Total assets||$1 billion|
MPM Capital is a private equity firm focused on venture capital investments in early stage companies across a range of sectors in the health care industry including biotechnology, specialty pharma and medical technology.
The firm, which is based in Boston, Massachusetts, was founded in 1996. The firm has raised approximately $2.8 billion since inception across four private equity funds and a public equities fund.
Since inception in 1997, MPM Capital has raised $2.8 billion across four private equity funds and a public equities fund:
- BB BioVentures (renamed MPM BioVentures I) - The firm completed fundraising for its first fund in 1997 with $230 million of investor commitments. The fund was invested in 26 companies, 80% in the US and 20% in Europe.
- MPM BioVentures II - The firm's second fund was raised in 2000 with $600 million of investor commitments. The fund was invested in 35 companies, 85% in the US and 15% in Europe and Asia.
- MPM BioVentures III - The firm's third fund was raised in 2002 with $940 million of investor commitments, the largest dedicated healthcare venture capital fund raised to that time. The fund is currently invested in 39 companies.
- MPM BioVentures IV - The firm's fourth fund was raised in 2006 with $550 million of investor commitments and the fund is currently being invested in a portfolio of roughly 20 companies.
- MPM BioVentures V - The firm's fifth fund was raised in 2010 with $140 million of investor commitments .
MPM Capital also raised a $450 million fund to invest in public securities, the MPM BioEquities Fund in 2002.
- MPM sets cap for biotech fund at $900m. AltAssets, September 4, 2002
- MPM CAPITAL CLOSES $900 MILLION HEALTHCARE VENTURE FUND. San Antonio Tech News Home, December 13, 2002
- MPM Capital closes $550m BioVentures IV healthcare venture fund. AltAssets, March 6, 2007
- MassHighTech, February 15, 2010
- MPM Capital closes biotech fund at $450m. AltAssets, January 7, 2002
- MPM Capital (company website)
|This article about a private equity or venture capital firm based in the United States is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|