MRC (file format)
|Type of format||3D electron density file or 2D image file|
MRC is a file format for electron density that has become industry standard in Cryo-electron microscopy, where the result of the technique is a three-dimensional grid of voxels each with a value corresponding to density of electrons (see wave function). It was developed by the MRC (Medical Research Council) Laboratory of Molecular Biology.
The MRC format is supported by almost every molecular graphics suite that supports volumetric data. The major packages include:
- CCP4 (file format)
- Chemical file format
- Voxel - one way of presenting 3D densities
- R. A. Crowther; R. Henderson; J. M. Smith (1995). "MRC Image Processing Programs" (PDF). Journal of Structural Biology 116 (9-16). Retrieved 2012-03-09.
- MRC specification
- new Image2000 MRC specification
- Imsubs format - derived from MRC
- MRC format as used by IMOD
|This chemistry-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This biochemistry article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|