From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
MSP may refer to:
- 1 In arts and entertainment
- 2 Businesses
- 3 In government and politics
- 4 Places
- 5 In science and technology
- 6 Other uses
In arts and entertainment
- Manic Street Preachers, a Welsh rock band
- Mean Street Posse, a former villainous professional-wrestling faction that wrestled in the World Wrestling Federation
- MySims Party, a 2009 video game for the Wii and Nintendo DS
- Matchstick Productions, a company producing videos of extreme sports, especially skiing
- Mathematical Sciences Publishers, a scientific publisher based in Berkeley, California
- Men's Studies Press, an academic publisher registered in Harriman, Tennessee
- MSP Intermark, a marketing consultancy firm located in San Francisco, California, US
In government and politics
- Malabar Special Police, a paramilitary unit of the State Police of Kerala, India; equivalent to a SWAT team in the United States
- Maine State Police, state police agency for the State of Maine, U.S.
- Maryland State Police, state police agency for the State of Maryland, U.S.
- Massachusetts State Police, state police agency for the State of Massachusetts, U.S.
- Michigan State Police, state police agency for the State of Michigan, U.S.
- Minnesota State Patrol, state police agency for the State of Minnesota, U.S.
- Moderate Party (Swedish: Moderata samlingspartiet), a Swedish political party
- Movement of Society for Peace (French: Mouvement de la société pour la paix, Arabic: Harakat Moudjtamaa As-Silm حركة مجتمع السلم, formerly called Hamas حماس), an Algerian political party
- National Salvation Party (Milli Selamet Partisi), Islamist political party in Turkey
- Maine State Prison, a former prison in Maine
- Michigan State Prison, a former prison in Michigan
- Mississippi State Penitentiary,in Mississippi
- Missouri State Penitentiary, a former prison in Missouri
- Montana State Prison, in Montana
Other uses in government and politics
- Main-Spessart, code used on German vehicle registration plates
- Medical Services Plan of British Columbia, government-administered single-payer health insurance scheme in the Canadian province of British Columbia
- Medicare Savings Program
- Member of the Scottish Parliament
- Ministerio de Salud Pública, Uruguayan ministry of public health
- Midway (Amtrak station), in St. Paul, Minnesota, United States
- Minneapolis–Saint Paul, the twin cities of Minneapolis and St. Paul and the surrounding area — the most highly populated area in Minnesota, U.S.
- Minneapolis–Saint Paul International Airport, in Hennepin County, Minnesota, U.S. (IATA airport code MSP)
In science and technology
In biology, ecology, and medicine
- Major sperm protein, the most abundant protein in nematode sperm
- Marine Spatial Planning, a process of making decisions about sustainable use of marine resources
- Merozoite surface protein, used in malaria research
- Methylation-specific PCR, a method for detecting methylated DNA sequence
In computing and information technology
- Managed service provider, a business model for providing information-technology services
- Max/MSP, max signal processing
- Message send protocol, an application-layer computing protocol used to send a short message between networking nodes on a computer network
- Message Submission Program or smmsp in Sendmail e-mail systems
- Microsoft Installer Patch Files, files downloaded from updating applications installed with Microsoft Installer and which have the .msp file extension
- Microsoft Points, the currency used on the Xbox Live and Zune marketplaces
- Microsoft Project, a project-management software program developed and sold by Microsoft
- Microsoft Student Partners, an organization of university students interested in careers in technology and showing a willingness to help others learn about Microsoft technology
- MSP (file format), a pre-bmp picture format readable in the oldest versions of Microsoft Paint
- TI MSP430, a mixed-signal microcontroller family from Texas Instruments
- Mobility Services Platform, a server based software to manage Symbol/Motorola mobile computers
- Mail Service Provider, a mailbox provider
- Managed Service Point, such as a demarcation point or equipment room/location
Other uses in science and technology
- Mechanically separated poultry, a paste-like meat product
- Millisecond pulsar, in astronomy, a pulsar with a rotational period in the range of 1-10 milliseconds
- Micro-spectrophotometer, an instrument used to measure the UV, visible, and near-infrared spectra of microscopic objects
- Monosodium phosphate, a chemical compound of sodium with a phosphate counterion
- MSP Groza silent pistol, a double-barreled firearm designed in the Soviet Union in 1972
- Moscow Finnish School (Moskovan suomalainen peruskoulu)
- Managing Successful Programmes; a Best practice model programme management methodology originally sponsored by the UK Office of Government Commerce (OGC). See also https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Office_of_Government_Commerce.
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title MSP.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.